Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi,

So I've been looking into getting a new graphics card for my HP Envy 700-214 but I'm unaware if this card would be compatible or if it would negatively impact my system.  

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-750-ti/specifications

I don't want my system to be harmed in any way.  Here's the link for the computer.  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04100558

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Wolfking98, welcome to the forum.

Here is the video card manufactured by EVGA.  It shouldn't harm your system in any way.  However, if you have any difficulties with the installation, you can contact their Tech Support (1-888-880-3842) or online.  They have been very helpful to me.  Read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about it.  As you can see, it has a lot of reviews and rated 5 eggs.  You can't get any better.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Wolfking98, welcome to the forum.

Here is the video card manufactured by EVGA.  It shouldn't harm your system in any way.  However, if you have any difficulties with the installation, you can contact their Tech Support (1-888-880-3842) or online.  They have been very helpful to me.  Read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about it.  As you can see, it has a lot of reviews and rated 5 eggs.  You can't get any better.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I have two questions. Can I upgrade my power supply on my HP Envy 700-214? If so what do you recommend? And lastly I want to upgrade my graphics card. So what are your expert picks for if I can or can not upgrade my power supply?

HP Recommended

@Journeyof82,

Asking for a suggestion for a graphics card recommendation is a wide open question. You should also state your intended purpose(s) and your budget range. Replacing the power supply should not be too much of an issue other than $$.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I'm looking to spend around $300 total for both the upgraded power supply and graphics card.  Any suggestions would be helpful

HP Recommended

@Journeyof82

This EVGA 600 watt PSU will fit nicely in your PC.  It's $50.

This EVGA NVIDIA GTX 960 4GB is $257.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

If I did this, would the graphics card be able to play the latest games like call of duty and battlefield at max settings with no issues?

HP Recommended

Also what is the differance between the GTX 950 and the SuperClocked Version. I imagine the superClock would be better (Or am I wrong)

HP Recommended

@Journeyof82

Sorry but we need to shut down this thread.  If you have specific questions then please start a new thread. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.