Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Modle:HP ENVY Desktop - 750-11
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Like the title says I'm looking for a graphics card to upgrade to since the integrated one isn't the best. Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you. Model:HP ENVY Desktop - 750-114
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

Here is a page of video cards around the price you want to pay on Newegg.com.  This will give you an idea what is available.  You should read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about them.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Oscar, welcome to the forum.

Since you didn't mention how much you want to spend, I will begin with a video card that is very reponsive, but won't break the bank.  You may have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU), also.  The existing PSU is only 300W.  The specs for the card state that it requires 300W, but members have reported at least 400W.  Read the Customer Reviews for the card and if you decide to buy it, I would give it a try before buying a new PSU.  It may just work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Sweet graphics card!

Cheers!

HP Recommended
Are there any decent graphics cards under 80$ that are atleast 1GB. If not I might consider buying this one thank you for your help.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.

Here is a page of video cards around the price you want to pay on Newegg.com.  This will give you an idea what is available.  You should read the Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about them.

HP Recommended
Thank you for your help I'll definitely buy one.
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Oscar8.  If you have questions about any of the video cards, please let me know.  I am here to help you.

HP Recommended

Hi i have a Hp Envy 750-114 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04792282) and i bought a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050. (https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Geforce-GDDR5-Graphic-GV-N1050OC-2GD/dp/B01MEGB6LK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&i...) I am wondering if it will fit or where it goes, and do i need to buy a power source for it. I dont know where all the dvi, hdmi, and the dp goes, like do i need to buy a seprate cord for them. 

HP Recommended

@Ineed_Help123, welcome to the forum.

@Ineed_Help123 wrote:

Hi i have a Hp Envy 750-114 (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04792282) and i bought a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050. (https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Geforce-GDDR5-Graphic-GV-N1050OC-2GD/dp/B01MEGB6LK/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&i...) This is a good card.

I am wondering if it will fit or where it goes, Capture1.PNG

Yes, it will fit nicely into your case.  I have highlighted the PCI Express 3.0 x16 slot in "Yellow".  This is where the card is installed.

and do i need to buy a power source for it.  The power supply unit (PSU) in the computer is 300W.  The video card requires a minimum of 300W to operate properly.  I would give it a try before replacing the PSU.  I believe that it will work fine.  Read the "Specifications" Tab in the link that I provided on Newegg.  It will tell you all of the information about the card.

I dont know where all the dvi, hdmi, and the dp goes, like do i need to buy a seprate cord for them. 

Capture.PNG

The DisPlay Port (DP) is on the left facing; HDMI is in the middle of the picture and DVI-D is on the right facing above.  You have to decide which port will work with your monitor.  Then, you can buy the appropriate cord for those ports.

If you are not certain which ports are on the monitor you can provide me with the make/model and I will see if I can help you.

For future reference, it is better if you start your own thread in the future.  When threads have a Solution, none of the other members will read it.  Therefore, you will get more responses with your own thread.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.