Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite 8000 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Can I get some recommendations for a graphics card that does not require a new power supply? I'm not a gamer so just a regular run-of-the-mill card that runs on win 10 would be sufficient.

Thanks,

Ed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@esebm1, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Hardware Reference Guide for the computer.  Also, here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for it.  On Page 2 of the Illustrated Parts and Service Map in the section titled "Other boards" is a list of compatible video cards for the motherboard.  These are the cards that should work with the 240W power supply unit (PSU).  Most newer cards require at least 400W to operate properly.  I have never been able to find a PSU with more wattage with the Form Factor that you need.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@esebm1, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Hardware Reference Guide for the computer.  Also, here is the Illustrated Parts and Service Map for it.  On Page 2 of the Illustrated Parts and Service Map in the section titled "Other boards" is a list of compatible video cards for the motherboard.  These are the cards that should work with the 240W power supply unit (PSU).  Most newer cards require at least 400W to operate properly.  I have never been able to find a PSU with more wattage with the Form Factor that you need.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, those lists say nothing about win 10 compatibility.

I went through this before with a Dell Optiplex 780. I ordered 3 different cards and not one ran under win 10. So I'm somewhat reluctant to order a card without definite proof it will be win 10 compatible.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @esebm1.  Thank you for the additional information.

I understand your concerns very well.  It gets expensive paying to return components that don't work.  The problem is, HP doesn't provide compatibility information for OS'es not supported by the OEM components.  Your best option would be to choose a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best card for your system.

HP Recommended

OK, thanks for all your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.