Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
p6-2220t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello I am looking to upgrade to a Evga Gtx 750 ti 1gb, but will my psu have enough power to support it, and will the Gtx 750 ti fit in in my motherboard? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Run the specs on the webpage I linked, with various cards within your budget, allowing for a new Corsair CX600 PSU.  The I3 and a low budget card will not get the frame rates IMHO.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Reed71,

Your lucky to be asking !!!!!  

Only a Legacy BIOS card will work, like the EGVA GTX 660 or GTX 670 as a power house.  If you want different, See here for cards.   Why, because new cards are UEFI.   Yes it would fit, but the 300W PSU rating is a nominal of 265W sustained.

But I have to ask, why a 750Ti?   I know it's the latest rage, but why?  It's a minimum performer. Is there a specific game level your interested in playing?

BTW did you ever solve your keyboard USB connection?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/IMMEADIATE-HELP-PLEASE/m-p/57213...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Well im looking to play mainly Counter Strike Global Offensive and Minecraft, and I want to get 100+ frames while recording will you suggest a card for me and thanks!

HP Recommended

And the keyboard issue, no, it is a new keyboard too but If i just touch the keyboard wire it will disconnect but Im still using it.

HP Recommended

Taking the best specs of your machine, (not knowing what is actually there) I chose the best available processor listed, an I-3-2130.  You need an I-7.  Go here and select the values, the I3-2130 is a 2nd Generation Intel.  I chose the Zotac GTX 670 with 4GB RAM, and 8 GB on the motherboard.  The results was not to you liking.  You can reset the value, and punch in anything the like.   Taking the keyboard inquiry back to the original post.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thanks, I agree with the i3 2120 and 8 gigs o ram, but will you recomand a budgest gpu For me please? Im kind oF in a budget

HP Recommended

Run the specs on the webpage I linked, with various cards within your budget, allowing for a new Corsair CX600 PSU.  The I3 and a low budget card will not get the frame rates IMHO.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.