Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8100 Elite Small Form Factor PC

HDMI Audio Output Issues
HP Recommended

I have bit of an older PC and wondered what kind of graphics card I could get for it.

It is a HP Pavilion

p6-2068sc

i5-2400

8 gb ram

integrated graphics card

1tb

atx computer case

and 300w.

HP Recommended

@AltairTheOne

The following HP graphics cards should work in your PC.

Jasmine graphics cards CTO.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Hi dave! I think i fudged up got excited and purchased a gtx 1050 ti graphics card for my hp pavilion hpe h8-1330z and now i dont think my motherboard accepts it. I have a pci e x 16 slot and fits and everything. Card says 300 minimum power supply n thats what i got. I turn on card runs a little then stops. Most of the time it never sends a picture, and a couple times gave a blue screen to hit esc but would be frozen then goes black. Please help. Should i return card and get a 600 series or the 750 ti. Or will the 1050 work with my unit?
HP Recommended

@Dchronie20

Check the BIOS level in your PC and make sure that it's version 8 or higher.  If it's not version 8.1 then update the BIOS.

If your PC is running version version 8.1 BIOS then try the below suggestion:

Computer Does Not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows 8,10)

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
This shows for windows 7 and 8. My computer is windows 10 but we have updated it. Idk what it was originally. Should i just do one of these on the link?
HP Recommended
Thanks @big_dave
HP Recommended

What do I do if the BIOS version is CHG_712.ROM instead, and it appears that HP does not offer any BIOS upgrade past this?  The computer was built with 64-bit Windows 7.

HP Recommended

@milesrf

Obtain a legacy graphics card or buy a new PC.

BTW --- You can run W7 with a HP version 8 BIOS in legacy mode and secure boot disabled.

HP Recommended
@big_dave this link just takes me to upgrade drivers for computer. Doesnt say anything about bios 8
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.