Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Thank you very much for your help.
HP Recommended

Hi banzaigtv,

Some NVIDIA 680s are 10" in length so it's going to be a tight fit.  The GPU bracket will have to be removed.

I never could get SLI to work in the truckee motherboard but maybe you will be lucky.  Why even run SLI with a 680?

You are not going to get the full performance of a NVIDIA 680 with the HPE-580t as the 680 needs PCI-E v3 to get full performance. 

I use a Corsair HX650 (120mm fan) with my e9280t and it works quite well.  It was a tight fit.

There are games that will eat up as much CPU as you can give it.

There is not much you can do about cooling with this particular HP case. Perhaps a high efficiency PSU with 135mm fan might help.  If your PC has the fanless CPU heat sink (some of the i7-920s had them) you might consider an after market heat sink with a fan.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

If I opt for the GTX 670 (9.5 inches), will it still fit well inside the case?

HP Recommended

Hi,

These cases are very cramped inside as many cables are jambed into an area to the rear of the card.  A 9.5" card would be easier to fit in than a 10" card.

Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Is this the power supply you used in your tower? I want to make sure I chose the right one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair---Professional-650-Watt-ATX-CPU-Power-Supply/9635532.p;tab=overv...

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes that is the PSU.  The Corsair HX650  is $25 cheaper at Newegg.

HP Recommended

hi i have a hp 6205uk

model vs394aa#abu.

am looking to update the video card to let me play battlefield play for free, i have around £175 to spend on the card, could any body please give me some advice on which card would be best?

i know i will have to updat the power supply

cheers for the help

HP Recommended

For your budget, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 should work.

HP Recommended
Brill !!! Thanks for advice just what I was looking for 🙂
HP Recommended
Just a quick note, should I be worried about the size of the card fitting into my case in my model of pc? Does anybody have any knowadge of fitting a card into my model ?

Cheers
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.