Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion P7-1446s desktop & want to put a video card for doing 3D Cad. I have 1 x PNY VCQ600-PB Quadro 600 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Low Profile Workstation Video Card

that I've put in but the program I'm using keeps crashing the Nvidia display driver. I want to put this card in but this one will not work in this computer. When I power on the computer the LED light flashes orange & the system beeps in error. Is there a reason why the AMD one won't work and is there a FirePro that would work

AMD 100-505649 FirePro V4900 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 Workstation Video Card

HP Recommended

PaLionking

I am linking you to a site pc-specs.com below which I have outlined your motherboard and what available video graphics cards there are for it. Review the cards in this list and find the one appropriate for you.

http://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/MSI/MSI_MS-7778_(Jasmine)/1982/Compatible_GPUs

Please feel free to re-post if you have any further questions or concerns.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

this is my computer : http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/kb/docDisplay/?javax.portlet.begCach...

i'm looking to buy and new graphics card i just want to ask if this card will be compatible with my system :

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162112

and if there is any other good options please inform me.

HP Recommended

Hi

Need some help with Videocard choice. Wanting to add videocard with DVI port to older PCs for running dual monitors.

HPDX2355 and HPDX2810.

HP Recommended
Hi Dave,

and thank you for the advice shown so far.

We have a HP Pavilion a6402.UK desktop bought in 2008, so it's already 5 years old and our 12 year old boy has been using it for his school learning and as a gaming pc for a year or so now.

He would like to upgrade his video/graphics card to be able to play Skyrim etc. It works already but is very laggy.

Not being very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff I am hoping you might be able to advise us as to the specific card etc that we can buy to replace his with.

I do believe his oem card is an nVidia GeForce 210 but not sure what would be best to install instead to accommodate his wishes other than a friend suggested that the 430 would be best and would fit in all the current right places.

Can you please possibly help us with this and give us a suggestion that you know would definitely be good for this.

Thanks in advance successful or not

Yours respectfully

Hardy_Smiff
HP Recommended

Hi Hardy_Smiff,

I checked the system requirements for Skyrim against the existing HP a6402.uk specifications.  It appears that the processor, video card, memory and power supply should all need be upgraded.  At this point you might consider a different PC.

If you can get the 430 for free then give it go. It should offer some improvement.  You might need to turn down the game settings and perhaps the monitor's resolution.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
Thank you Dave. We'll give the 430 a go first as it is a somewhat less expensive option than a new pc

Happy days to everyone
HP Recommended

Hi, I'm currently having issues with a new video card I bought. My computer's model is a Pavilion h8-1237c, the version that came with the GT 520 card. The new card I bought is a Radeon R7 240. After uninstalling all the Nvidia drivers, I boot into safe mode and used Driver sweeper to finish uninstalling the drivers. I then shut down, swapped out my GT 520 for my R7 240, and now the computer refuses to POST. The computer's fans spin up, including the graphics card's, but nothing shows up on the screen. There is no beeping. If I press the power button, the computer shuts down instantly (as if I pulled the plug). I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

HP Recommended
Re: HP Slimline s5545

I have the slimline and I wonder if a sapphire AMD radeon R7 250 PCI-E will fit in the case?

The case is 10cm amd the slot is about 7cm

The dimensions of the card are 240 x 290 x 70 (H x W x D)

HP Recommended

Hi Inexperienced,

The HP Slimline case will require a low profile graphics graphics card that is spec'd to work with a 220 watt power supply by the graphics card manufacturer.  HP does have video cards that meet this criteria.  I suggest that you contact HP Sales to get a graphics card and don't take chances that a different video card will work.

Graphics cards that are spec'd to work in your PC will not be considered gaming quality graphics video cards.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.