Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@retiredhpwalt wrote:

I have a Slimline s5300z and you say your info is good for all except the Slimline. Does that mean I'm screwed or is there another way I can  increase the PSU in my Slimline?

The downside of slimline PCs is that there are very few upgrades available for the PSU. All available upgrade PSUs on the market limit the addition of a graphics card to those not requiring >@250-300W and PCIe six pin connectors.

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi all.

I have an HP Pavillon desktop p6230it. I've found that the power supply is only a 300W. I have added a blu ray recorder, a WD 2TB additional HD, i have also upgraded the CPU from I5 to I7 850 and i am planning to upgrade my Video card also to an Nvidia GTX 280 (from a gt220).

I have tried to cantact the HP service, they told me that i absolutely need to uograde my power supply but no oe was able to suggest me a model.

Can anybody tell be what kind of model I can fit in my desktop PC?

Thank You in adance!!!

HP Recommended

An ATX psu from Corsair or OCZ would be just fine. I will look back later to suggest a few models. I have to go shopping now.

seeya,

erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank You very much Erico!!

I keep in touch with the forum waiting for your suggestions and.............have a nice shopping!!!!

HP Recommended

Owner of Pavilion.

HP Intel Desktop based P.C.

P.C is in warranty.

Power supply crashed. 300 Watts.Cost 46 US Dollars.Big price.

I am calling it "green P.C"

Maybe i am try to use 200 Watts or less PS-not important how long your P.C run on that...

And problems with repair-change power supply with new ?-It is big problem.

Buy Pavilion P.C desktop in Slovakia.

I am reccomend it.

And HP Total Care?

No way to use it in Slovak language.

If you have O.S based in your own language.

Technicians in HP know why.

No? Forget what you read.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@kaliber wrote:

Thank You very much Erico!!

I keep in touch with the forum waiting for your suggestions and.............have a nice shopping!!!!

Hi,

It was time to replace the clothes dryer.  €450,00 and bought a 22" HD monitor. 

Corsair has a nice PSU configurator. Here are the results with your PC info plugged in. The CMPSU-550VX would be a good choice.

OCZ PSU selection chart

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

welcome back Erico. You had a really nice shopping...I see!!

Well. I've taken a look at the links you gave me.

I will proceed straight away and buy that 550VX from Corsair.

Looking at the other link regarding selection chart, I've noted that OCZ suggest a 600W psu.

Dont wanna stressing you but as I think I've finally found someone that knows very well HP products, i wanna be sure to avoid mistakes.

My actual configuration (on a p6230it basis):

Intel I7 860 cpu

8 Gb ram

1 HDD 1Tb wd10eads

1 HDD 2Tb wd20eads

1 DVD/RW

1 BD/RW

1 video card Geforce GT220 (but the new PSU will arrive together with a NEW GTX 285 !!!)

Am I Ok with the 550VX or.......

Thank again!!!!

Alberto

HP Recommended

@kaliber wrote:

welcome back Erico. You had a really nice shopping...I see!!

Well. I've taken a look at the links you gave me.

I will proceed straight away and buy that 550VX from Corsair.

Looking at the other link regarding selection chart, I've noted that OCZ suggest a 600W psu.

Dont wanna stressing you but as I think I've finally found someone that knows very well HP products, i wanna be sure to avoid mistakes.

My actual configuration (on a p6230it basis):

Intel I7 860 cpu

8 Gb ram

1 HDD 1Tb wd10eads

1 HDD 2Tb wd20eads

1 DVD/RW

1 BD/RW

1 video card Geforce GT220 (but the new PSU will arrive together with a NEW GTX 285 !!!)

Am I Ok with the 550VX or.......

Thank again!!!!

Alberto

Yep. The wife and I decided to bite the bullet and get a Bosch drier this time. It should be good for 10-15 years. We had a bad feeling that our Zanussi would crap out on us this weekend. It was making awful bearing sounds. 

I would go with the OCZ 600W recommendation.The OCZ ModXStream Pro 600 W  will handle  your system without any problems. OCZ states and I know from experience that they  have the best warranty in the industry. OCZ makes some of the top of the line PSU's. Power&PC Cooling is also owned by OCZ. Corsair rounds out the top three power supply maker in the industry. 

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

Yep. The wife and I decided to bite the bullet and get a Bosch drier this time. It should be good for 10-15 years. We had a bad feeling that our Zanussi would crap out on us this weekend. It was making awful bearing sounds. 

GREAT BUY Erico. Me and my wife we have the Boch WAS 24722 (Logixx8 series) since 1 year and we are really happy with it!! A great wash and drie machine

I would go with the OCZ 600W recommendation.The OCZ ModXStream Pro 600 W  will handle  your system without any problems. OCZ states and I know from experience that they  have the best warranty in the industry. OCZ makes some of the top of the line PSU's. Power&PC Cooling is also owned by OCZ. Corsair rounds out the top three power supply maker in the industry. 

Best regards,
erico

I have already proceeded with the order (both PSU and Nvidia Card!!!!

Only one more question:

The 8 pins PCI express connector and the 6+2 pins PCI connector are the same thing isn't it??

because on one model is stated as 8 pins and on the other is 6+2, but anyway the image is the same.

This question because the new video card requires 2 6 pins connectors.....

Thank You again.

HP Recommended

@kaliber wrote:

@erico wrote:

GREAT BUY Erico. Me and my wife we have the Boch WAS 24722 (Logixx8 series) since 1 year and we are really happy with it!! A great wash and drie machine

Best regards,
erico

I have already proceeded with the order (both PSU and Nvidia Card!!!!

Only one more question:

The 8 pins PCI express connector and the 6+2 pins PCI connector are the same thing isn't it??

because on one model is stated as 8 pins and on the other is 6+2, but anyway the image is the same.

This question because the new video card requires 2 6 pins connectors.....

Thank You again.

Hi,

The 6+2 pin connector can be used just like the 6 pin connector. It has downward compatibility with the 6-pin PCIe power connector.

Best regards,
erico

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.