Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Sparkles1,

Could you please help to get the version 8 BIOS update? Thanks.

HP Recommended

And another one...

HP Pavilion HPE Model No: h8-1170uk
Product No: QD503EA#ABU

Motherboard Manufacturer’s Model Number: IPISB-CH2 (Chicago)

I removed the NVIDIA GeForce GT 545 and upgraded the PSU to 600 watts.

I fitted my new card GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X OC 3GB GDDR5

And yes... same as everyone else, the system won't boot. I upgraded to lates BIOS and that didn't help.

I don't think there is a solution without my trying a new motherboard is simply building a new computer.

Best of luck to all of you. If anyone discovers a miracle then let us know :LaughingTears:

HP Recommended

My god! im having the same probleme here with a hpe 512IT and a gainward gtx 780

upgraded power supply to CX750M and nothing....i have 5 of those machines and today I discovered that is not upgradable...

disappointed

HP Recommended

Add another... just got a 770 GTX after prices went down finally and same exact beeping and splash screen. I have h8 1280t with a Pegatron 2 ACE mb. Lack of support and upgrade-ability is VERY dissapointing. Doubt I'll buy HP again. Now I have to shell out another $250 for a new case and motherboard and installation.

HP Recommended

After several tries I ended up building my own gaming computer. What a great experience it was. I spent many days and nights researching my parts list. Finally once I ordered it all and it arrived I assembled it INCLUDING MY EVGA GTX 780 that would not work in my old HP.

It fired up like a champ.

So you either buy a new pc or build one if you want a 780 card to work. Don't look for help from HP. They've done all they can do with what they've got.  That's just a fact.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I considered that myself. If you feel generous, please share your build and maybe I'll copy it 😉 Either way, grats on your new toy! Oh.. these are the official compliant video card for my h8 1280t...

HP Recommended

Here's the build with pictures included.

My Dream Machine

After thinking about building one for the past 5 years I'm glad I did. Though I did enjoy my 2 HP's that I installed larger power supplies and graphics cards so I could play BFBC2 and BF3 I certainly like this one more.

If you do decide to build I'd be glad to help and steer you in the right direction for your individual needs.

HP Recommended

So I finally troubleshot it out after 3 GPUs, Tried a HD 7950 also.. black screen. Original GPU was a GeForce so I got a 660 GTX 3gb, and I would STAY WITH EVGA, as was my 550 ti GTX. So for the record and if someone googles it, the 660 GTX 3gb EVGA is the best GPU for a h8 1280t or anyone with this motherboard...

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/pegatron-2ace-corporation-specs/

Youre welcome!

HP Recommended

It's been a while since this post started and I wanted to get it going again to find out if HP has a resolution to the BIOS issues?

I just purchased a EVGA GeForce GTX760 Dual Superclocked ACX Cooler 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 and after reading this post, I'm a little concrerned.  Not sure if I should attempt to install the new card.

HP, please respond or direct us on how to get a new BIOS update! We can't go directly to the manufacturer as the MB is specific to HP only and HP should have updates to the BIOS.  My PC Specs:

Same PC with all the bells & whistles except the card.

Motherboard - IPIWB-PB (Pittsburg)

HP Recommended

Bump... I want to know too!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.