Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

IN MY PC I HAD FOUND AN ENTRY OF USB COMPOSITE DEVICE IN THE USB LOGS, THE DEVICE IS SHOWN AS UNKNOWN WITH FOLLOWING DETAILS:

VENDOR ID : 03f0

PRODUCT ID : 4b17

SERIAL NO. : SN0002

PARENT ID PREFIX : 6&64F14D&0

INSTANCE ID : USB\VID_03F0&PID_4B17\SN0002

FIRMWARE REVISION : 1.00

CONTAINER ID : {272C55FE-F7F4-51D9-A0EA-6FEA26EE4E52}

PLEASE HELP ME IN IDENTIFYING THE UNKNOWN COMPOSITE DEVICE WHICH WAS PLUGGED?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

As we have properly unbderstood your device:

Some USB ports on your PC are USB 2.0, but others are USB 3.0 which has a faster transfer rate.

Whenever you plug a USB 3.0 device into a USB 2.0 port you will see that message.

Plug your USB 3.0 device into a USB 3.0 port (USB 3.0 ports have a blue divider).

The USB 3.0 port will probably be on the rear panel where the power cable plugs in.
Look for one with a blue divider.

Please let me know once you are able to read this.

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended

i tried changing the usb plugs but there is no change in the device information of any of the equipment i am att to the pc. Please help me out .....you seem to be on the right track. thanx . waiting for your reply.

HP Recommended

HI ls rana are you able to do that......

Niitn singh guleria

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.