Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My pc contains DDR3 1600 MEMORY NOT 10600 FROM THE FACTORY PERHAPS THAT IS WHY YOU WERE HAVING PROBLEMS,

4GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s PC3-12800 CL11 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory

HP Recommended

I've just bought a 2 x 4GB kit of Crucial Ballistix Sport to go into my 8000 Elite on Amazon as it's come up as a "Deal of the Day".

The specs are listed as:

• Module Size: 8 GB Kit (4 GB x 2)
  • Package: Ballistix 240-pin DIMM
  • DDR3 PC3-12800
  • Unbuffered
  • NON-ECC

Hopefully it'll work. As you can see, it's unbuffered and non-ecc.

Does anybody know if this will be ok?

Cheers

HP Recommended

Am having the same problem.

My HP 8000 Elite SFF came with 2 - KTH9600BS/2G modules - so I bought 2 - KTH9600BS/4G - but also getting the 5 beeps when I tried installing as either additional or as replacement for what is there.

Nor will it accept it a as a single 4GB installation of that RAM. So am perplexed.

So not sure what to try at this point. I really wanted 16GB of RAM - but looks like the best I'll be able to do is maybe 2 more 2GB modules.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I phoned crucial as Im having the same problem and they told me its because most PCs arent compatible with high density RAM. You should make sure your getting low density and it isnt always marked in the specs.

HP Recommended

Hello there

I've got four of these installed:

Kingston HyperX KHX1600C9D3K6/24GX

They come/came in a package of 6x4GB modules - so two of the modules you can use elsewhere.

But they work very well in my Elite 8000 SFF!!

HP Recommended

Kingston was the ones I finally got working in mine. I went on ebay and bought one which specified HP 8000 elite rather than searching all the other specs listed. Also did you instal the matching pairs side by side or by slots 1+3 and 2+4?

HP Recommended

This Crucial memory did not work for me.  Please let me know if it worked for you and any modifications you made.  I have now tried Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and it is not working.

HP Recommended

I think this set will work as well:

KHX16C9T3K4/16X

HP Recommended

I just had the same exact problem that all of you are having.  I guess I joined the party a bit late but I cant say that I mind... it seems like you all went through the paces with the RAM issue.  As all of you, I also purchased 4x 4GB DDR3 PC3-10600 NON-ECC RAM from Crucial and yes, the crucial website gave me the good ole thumbs up for compatibility but here we are, beeping and blinking red lights like crazy.  I absolutely hate returning things and more than that, I hate getting all ready to do something only to get stopped dead in my tracks.

I noticed that there were a few posts from people who had certain brands work while others didnt so I'm hoping that someone can give me a tip on a brand and model of ram to equal a total of 16GB over four DIMMS that is readily available in the US, preferably though Amazon (being that I pay for Prime free shipping and I feel like I never really take advantage of it). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks to all and I truly do appreciate the fact that forums like this exist where one can go and get real answers to such specific questions!  

Best,

Jesse in NYC

HP Recommended

I've noticed that the voltage of the DDR3 RAM have to be 1.65V - and not as DDR3 usually are: 1.5V. Hope this gives a clue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.