Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMIN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just want to know if EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 4GB GDDR5 will work in this computer?

Now I want to buy it and run it on my HP Compaq 6200 pro MT pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

First place to start this investigation, it seems the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING requires a full height slot.  Your case says it will only take low-profile cards.

Second, is it also says it needs two slots spaces.  Check that, also.

If you can find a low-profile card, then the next thing, will it work with that motherboard?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

First place to start this investigation, it seems the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING requires a full height slot.  Your case says it will only take low-profile cards.

Second, is it also says it needs two slots spaces.  Check that, also.

If you can find a low-profile card, then the next thing, will it work with that motherboard?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

thanks for the answer,
I want to know whether the motherboard can occupy the GeForce GTX 1050 Ti EVGA,
Because it needs 75W power.

HP Recommended

Since that PC can have many different options, it is difficult to ascertain whether the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING will even be a candidate.  I see no mention as to your investigation on the low-profile bracket or the card requiring two slots.  Have you looked inside the PC, yet? 

Yes, the power supply will come into play, too.  Check that out when you look inside. On THE SUPPORT PAGE It is claimed to be 320w, which might be alittle light, but the spec page for the EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 says "300W or greater power supply."

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

it will work m8 but thats gonna make the psu fan noisy if you care about noise 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.