Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Thank you

HP Recommended

Anytime!

HP Recommended

Hi Paul Tikkanen,

Greetings.

I have just tried this PC3-12800 ram, 4GB installed in slot one,the remaining slots are empty,booted the pc it display error message 201 and offer to reboot and press F1,on rebooting PC works fine,in the BIOS it display speed DDR3-1333 not 1600.Then tried PC3-10600 4Gb instead the pc boots with no error message.

I then tried this PC3-12800 in slot 3 and install PC3-10600 4Gb in slot 1, the pc display error message 201 and also offer to reboot with pressing F1,PC rebooted and works fine.

I then tried install DDR3-10600 2 GB in slot 1 and 2 Gb in slot 2, and 4Gb DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) the pc booted normally with no error messages!!!

I am not sure what this can explains and how can I configure rams in this model.

Hope you still able to help and this will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Is the memory 1.5V? 

It won't work if it is 1.35V.

It may be possible that the memory you have is not backward compatible to 1333 Mhz.

That is why I bought the 1333 MHz.  I didn't want to take any chance if the memory not working.

In theory, the 1600 memory should work but it has to be:

Backward compatible

1.5V

Low density (8 black memory chips on each side of the circuit board, not 4).

Unbuffered

Non-ECC

HP Recommended

Hi,

The memory is 1.5v, non-ECC unbuffered, have CL 5,7,9,11 Micron made for HP.

It does work with no error message when I place it in slot 3 with 2 X 2 Gb RAM DDR3-1333 in slot 1 and 2, but it does make error message if I remove the 2 X 2 Gb rams from slot 1 and 2 and place one 4Gb DDR3-1333 in slot 1 (leaving slot 2 and 4 free)

Look unusual .

HP Recommended

This is an image of the ram PC3-12800 used

4GB_RAM (2)2.jpg

HP Recommended

Everything looks good to me.

OK...what I am thinking is what I explained to you earlier...the memory has to be in equal amounts in each channel.

Maybe I had the slots messed up in my example.

So that is why the 4 GB works in slot 3 with 2 x 2 in slots 1 and 2.

I'm thinking if you had another 4 GB chip in slot 1, all you would need is another 4 GB chip in slot 3.

Then you could put the 2 x 2 GB in slots 2 and 4.

I was under the impression that you could install the memory in any arrangement you want, and would not get an error but in the BIOS it would report that the memory is running in Flex mode (which is not as desirable as DDR mode).

But you are getting an error unless you have matching amounts in both channels.

HP Recommended
Hi, the hm 8200 elite (sff version) can run 32gb of ram, or just other versions?
HP Recommended

Hi:

The SFF and CMT can run 32 GB of memory (4 x 8 GB).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.