Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Found this tidbit on an HP site:

Sets the VGA palette snooping bit in PCI configuration space. Needed only when more than one graphics controller is installed.

Think if I enable this the new video card would play nice with the onboard.  Haven't a clue what either of the items in the last post mean or do.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi, Loucille:

Unfortunately, I have no idea what either of those settings are for.

Googling is of little help either.

This was as much info as I could find on the SERR# Generation setting... Enables or Disables PCI device to generate SERR#.

HP Recommended

Just spent another 1/2 hour on the phone with HP. Now they say the video is bad.  Duh!   I can send the computer in for repair, but could be 2 to 4 weeks.  I'm not happy since the computer is only a little over 2 months old.  So, guess I'll trudge on and shouldn't have to bother you on this again!

Thanks for everything!

Karin

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I guess they will have to replace the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem with accidently disconnecting the WiFi anntea, I cant figure out where they should be connected. Where did you reattach to  fix your WiFi issue?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,  There is a small card attached to the motherboard - about the size of a large postage stamp.  There are two very thin cables with gold "snaps" on the end.  One came loose and I thought it was just grounding wire, however, if you look at the card, you will see two very small gromets that the snaps attach too.

Not easy to reattach because they are so small, but the snap at the end of the cable attaches like snaps on a jacket.

Hope this helps.  Was kind of frustrating to get the attachment done because it is so smal.  Once connected, it did fix my internet connection.  loucille

Attachment.jpg

HP Recommended

Me again.   If you can't find the card, get back to me and I'll snap a photo of the inside of my computer and point it out.

Loucille

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.