Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 850-050qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP ENVY Phoenix 850-050qe. I configured it to have a GTX 960 in it. I bought it a while ago, and I just realized not to long ago that the GPU inside isn't a standard one. The clockspeeds and everything are the same, but it doesn't look like any GTX 960 that I've ever seen on the market. I got GPU-Z to see the manufacturer, and it says HP (103C). I assume that means the manufacturer is HP. It only have one fan, compared to most GPUs which have 2. I was hoping to resell my GPU once I'd like to upgrade, but it appears that I can't do to the fact that is isn't as good as other GPUs on the market due to the one fan and ugly design. I'm wondering why HP didn't just put an MSI or PNY or something similar instead of their card.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

I have a retail EVGA GTX 960 sporting one fan. There are quite a few iterations of this product.

HP does use other manufacturers such as EVGA, MSI, and Gigabyte, but the graphics cards are built to HP specifications.

Some OEM graphics cards installed by HP are limited to driver updates from HP only. Can you update drivers from Nvidia?

Check this out before attempting to sell this card.

Oh, this modified card may draw less power on the 12V rail. Can't find product specs at purchase for your PC. How many watts does your power supply provide?

Cheers!

HP Recommended

Hi,

A 4GB EVGA GTX 960 Gaming requires at least a 400 Watt Power Supply.

Jay

HP Recommended

@jay101,

Here are the specs. That unit has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (GDDR5) (2 GB), with a 500W PSU. According to the part list, the card is a NVIDIA GTX960 Aries-P3 FH2GBGDDR5PCIex16  part # 806965-001 

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks wb2001!

Jay

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.