Question

Master's Graduate
Message 1 of 4 (7,536 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP H8-1160T desktop how to turn off wireless?

My pc came with built in wireless for the internet. Since I have it plugged in. I do not need the wireless portion atm. How do I turn it off?

Accepted Solution

Re: HP H8-1160T desktop how to turn off wireless?

It is safe to disable it. Don't forget about it later on Smiley Wink it is also fine left as is.

regards,
erico

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (7,503 Views)

Welcome to the HP Forum! Smiley Happy

FattysGoneWild wrote:

My pc came with built in wireless for the internet. Since I have it plugged in. I do not need the wireless portion atm. How do I turn it off?

If you have Windows 7 or Vista

disconnect.png

Kind regards,
erico

If you would really like to say thanks,you dont have to say it, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 4 (7,491 Views)

Thank you! I checked under the wireless tab and it says disconnected. So that is good. Is it safe to disable the wireless completely in device manager? Since I do not need it right now? Or should I just leave it alone....

Provost
Message 4 of 4 (7,477 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is safe to disable it. Don't forget about it later on Smiley Wink it is also fine left as is.

regards,
erico

If you would really like to say thanks,you dont have to say it, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation