Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i recently purchased an Asus P4SD i865PE Socket 478 motherboard from geeks.com. i have been searching for 2 days now for the drivers. specifically the video,audio & LAN drivers. it seems to be made by asus for HP but has no model# or ASUS name printed on it. it only has an HP sticker & a serial #. serial is p6b580t9vqpoy1. next to that it says rev 0t. the only other marking is a sticker that reads 374 rev or S2A. here is a picture of what it looks like http://www.pacificgeek.com/productimages/xl/ASUS-P4SD-NOAGP-R.jpg . could someone pleas point me to the correct drivers or tell me what HP computer had this board so that i can narrow my search.

thanks.

24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended
Need a photo larger than that.
HP Recommended
You can blow it up in word to about 2x. I searched hp.co.uk for first 'socket 478' (http://search.hp.com/gwukeng/query.html?lang=en&search=++&qt=socket+478&la=en&cc=uk&charset=utf-8) then 'asus socket 478' (http://search.hp.com/gwukeng/query.html?charset=iso-8859-1&lk=1&la=en&nh=10&rf=0&qs=&hpvc=sitewide&u... I've had a quick look, and the closest mobo I've seen so far has been the P4SD-LA (Oxford) (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00063272 This should narrow it down a bit, try the drivers on this one. Although it looks outwardly similar, it is not the same as the one in your picture, which has a different CMOS battery layout, and appears to have either not been manufactured with the AGP or had it removed. The HP one also seems more recent, as it has more USB headers and things. However, it is the only one I've seen so far with the distinctive angled northbridge heatsink. Still, try the drivers, or continue browsing the search results. You should get something. Thanks, hope it works.
HP Recommended
i have tried those LA drivers. no dice. there seems to be like 5 different PSD4 models. i found a post that linked to the resources for all of them. none of those look like the 1 in the pic. nor did they work. ill post a bigger photo in a min. do you want 1 of mine so you can see the serial numbers? or do you just need a better view?
HP Recommended

Bumb..........

HP Recommended
Did you find anything more? I have the same mobo from geeks.com and cannot find the sound drivers and the ethernet controller. Right now i have linux installed and the internet seems to work fine. Most of my applications are windows based tho  😞
HP Recommended

These boards are from an HP/Compac D530 SFF (short form factor) desktop computer.

the driver you need for the ethernet is the  Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit driver - I am using this one on my computer with no prob's

I didnt have the patience to keep looking for the sound driver and just installed another sound card, but I believe this board

takes the SoundMax Audio driver which is available on HP's website.

If anyone finds the layout sheet with the specs on this mother board, plz tell me where you found it !!

I am using this new board to replace the board that was in my HP Paviliion A450.

My old computer had front panel connections for usb, headphones etc as well as a card reader and I do not know how to

attach those connections to this new board.

This new board does have a front panel connection but Ive no clue what goes to where.

I hope this info helps someone out there at least a little bit.

HP Recommended

Ciiindy

I may just be able to help you out with that.  I just installed the P4SD in a compaq to replace the P4SD-LA.  Just finished installing windows with all drivers and everything is running great.  Got all the drivers from the d530 convertible minitower (same mobo) just like you mentioned.

I have most of the front panel stuff up and running as well.  I will post again soon with some detailed info on where the front panel stuff goes. maybe even some pics. 

HP Recommended

the BIOS is from a DC5000 motherboard

upgrading to the 1.43 version seems to help with the Large hard drive detection problems I was having.

HP Recommended

I went to the Broadcom site and I have no idea which driver I need for my Ethernet Controller.

Hp Compaq d530 SFF

S/N: USW3430685

ASUS P4SD Socket 478 Motherboard 

S/N: 323091-001

A/S: 305374-001

I've been searching, like xtant666, for almost two days and I am very frustrated.

I've dual-booted with Ubuntu 8.10 and Windows XP Pro, and, of course, with Ubuntu, you don't have to find any of the drivers because they install automatically. (DIE, Windows, DIE!)

But I need the dual-boot.

I can find all the other drivers really easily, but I need internet first. And I just can't find the right Ethernet driver. Someone said it was Intel (Chipset 865V or something like that), but when I tried to install the driver, it didn't work. And the HP website is crap and won't actually let me download any of the drivers. (I thought it might require Internet Explorer rather than Firefox, so I tried it and the HP website still didn't work.)

Help. Please.

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.