Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-in-One - 23-q135na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

i have just purchased a new all in one HP but i am not sire if it has the USB transceiver already pre-installed or not.

i couldnt find a usb transceiver in the box or packaging but neither keyboard or mouse are working.

Does anybody know? Or best way to find out?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi SDF15,

I spoke to the HP shopping customer services team who I'd purchased the equipment from and they confirmed there should have been a USB transceiver with the Keyboard and mouse.

They are going to send out a replacement for me.

Thanks for your assistance

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Pargeter,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

Based on your Product Specifications, it does not seem like a USB wireless receiver came with the desktop.  First, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:

HP PCs - Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

hi SDF15,

i have tried going through the troubleshooting but haven't managed to solve the issue.

i switch the wireless mouse on for example and the light flashes underneath but nothing happens.

how can i be sure this model doesn't need a wiresless receiver?

i have been into device managee and it doesn't show the keyboard and mouse listed as devices

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello @Pargeter,

Thank you for the quick reply!

If a receiver was needed, then one should have come with the desktop.  Are you sure you did not see one in the packaging?  If not, then usually going through the troubleshooting steps, will help to connect your devices to the desktop.  Do you have new batteries?  Have you tried replacing them?  Did you have any luck with the System Restore?  Looking forward to your reply.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi SDF15,

I spoke to the HP shopping customer services team who I'd purchased the equipment from and they confirmed there should have been a USB transceiver with the Keyboard and mouse.

They are going to send out a replacement for me.

Thanks for your assistance

HP Recommended

I recently bought a Pavilion 23-q149c and thought that I was going to have a similar problem.  I couldn't find the USB transceiver for the keyboard/mouse for some while.  Finally unwrapped what I initially thought was just a small piece of packing material and - there it was.  Very small and unmarked.

Once I plugged it into one of the USB ports (extremely difficult to access!) the mouse worked just fine;  the keyboard communicates just fine too, but it's the worst keyboard I've ever had to use.  Anybody any suggestions as to a good replacement, full sized keyboard?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.