Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p6210t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion p6210t DVD/CD drive is not recognized after upgrading to Windows.  The DVD/CD hardware is: LightScribe16XmaxDVD+/-R/RWSuperMultidrv.  I cannot find an updated  driver for this unit to download and install. Thanks for any guidence you may provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  Somewhere --I can't find it now despite a lot of searching --I read about a very simple solution to this problem which is (was) affecting several hundred HP users.  In essence the solution said that the DVD drive was in fact recognized [ as evidenced by its appearance in BIOS] but was "misidentified" and the way to correct this was to go into DEVICE MANAGER and delete the incorrect identification reference --then restart the computer and Windows 10 would correctly identify the DVD drive and properly list it in DEVICE MANAGER.  I decided to try this simple fix before undertaking any of the more complex solutions that were offered.  The simple solutioon worked!!!  :generic:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@eagle70, welcome to the forum.

The first thing that you should do is, run HP and Windows Updates to assure that your software and drivers are up to date.

If this doesn't work, here is the Lightscribe software.  I suggest installing it to see if that helps.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  Somewhere --I can't find it now despite a lot of searching --I read about a very simple solution to this problem which is (was) affecting several hundred HP users.  In essence the solution said that the DVD drive was in fact recognized [ as evidenced by its appearance in BIOS] but was "misidentified" and the way to correct this was to go into DEVICE MANAGER and delete the incorrect identification reference --then restart the computer and Windows 10 would correctly identify the DVD drive and properly list it in DEVICE MANAGER.  I decided to try this simple fix before undertaking any of the more complex solutions that were offered.  The simple solutioon worked!!!  :generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, @eagle70.  Sometimes it is the easy solutions that work.  In fact, I would have suggested your solution a year ago, but it seems like there have been so many not so easy problems that one forgets.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.