Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 5219urf (RX1)
Microsoft Windows Vista

Gentlemen,

I just got an old HP 5219urf wireless keyboard and USB receiver 5219urf (RX1) from a thrift store and I have a few questions.

Are there other wireless mice that can work with this receiver besides the M97iu (M1) unit  that originally shipped with the keyboard? I don't have the mouse so it would certainly be a comvenience if some other HP mice, or even Logitec or Microsoft mice could work with this receiver.

Are there any drivers that need to be gotten? The user guide for this set-up doesn't mention the installation of any drivers so I'm figuring that the receiver is plug 'n play for HP computers. I'm considering using these devices with an HP Pavilion a1777c desktop running Vista Home Premium.

Thanks for your interest!

Grant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GHagen, welcome to the forum.

The mice are setup to work with only one receiver.  Therefore, it would be strictly luck if you found one that would work.  There might be such a thing that the codes are repeated every so many mice.  Who knows.  I lost the receiver to my Microsoft mouse and I have one exactly like it, but the receiver won't work.

As for software and drivers for the keyboard, I would plug it into the computer and run HP Updates to see what it finds.  Also, you can go into the Device Manager / Keyboards / right click on your keyboard / select Update Driver Software / Search automatically for updated driver software.  It there is a driver available it will download and install it. 

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.f

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GHagen, welcome to the forum.

The mice are setup to work with only one receiver.  Therefore, it would be strictly luck if you found one that would work.  There might be such a thing that the codes are repeated every so many mice.  Who knows.  I lost the receiver to my Microsoft mouse and I have one exactly like it, but the receiver won't work.

As for software and drivers for the keyboard, I would plug it into the computer and run HP Updates to see what it finds.  Also, you can go into the Device Manager / Keyboards / right click on your keyboard / select Update Driver Software / Search automatically for updated driver software.  It there is a driver available it will download and install it. 

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.f

HP Recommended

Thanks for that, old_geekster!

When you say, "The mice are setup to work with only one receiver.  Therefore, it would be strictly luck if you found one that would work." I'm assuming that you mean that I would need to have that exact mouse model for there to be a connection and that anything else, HP or not, is unlikely to work.

I'll check on availability and see whether I would be willing to pop for one.

Respect for the reply!

Grant

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @GHagen.

Actually, even the exact mouse would not work with the receiver.  It would be nice if mice manufacturers would make the receivers universal, but that wouldn't sell as many of them.  We simply have to be careful not to lose the mouse or the receiver.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.