Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My desktop computer HP Pavilion p6245d which has a motherboard of Foxconn H-I41-uATX gives a error beeping code of one short-one long beep after i install a 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 DIMM on it. The RAM's code is KVR1333D3S8N9/2G, manufactured by Kingston. My system had a original RAM of 2GB installed, but i would like to install another 2GB as it is stated that the motherboard can support up to 4GB of RAM. I've tried cleaning the slots, reseatting the RAM, resetting CMOS, etc, but non of them works. I've also checked through the internet and i found out there are plenty of people having the same problem. Hope someone can help on this issue. Thanks!

P/S: Operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi..
Would like to ask you something.

Does the motherboard give you beep noises when the original RAM is installed on the other slot?!

If your answer is yes then the slot is faulty.

There are only two instances when your PC will give you beep noises when the memory stick is plugged in.

1. When the memory stick ( RAM ) is faulty.
2. Its the memory slot on the motherboard which is faulty.

Check out a working memory stick on the all the slots on the motherboard. And mark the one on which the working memory is giving beeping noise to the PC.

This would prove the functionality of your memory slots.

If you have any other questions or if this does not fix the problem, REPLY.

Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Hi..
Would like to ask you something.

Does the motherboard give you beep noises when the original RAM is installed on the other slot?!

If your answer is yes then the slot is faulty.

There are only two instances when your PC will give you beep noises when the memory stick is plugged in.

1. When the memory stick ( RAM ) is faulty.
2. Its the memory slot on the motherboard which is faulty.

Check out a working memory stick on the all the slots on the motherboard. And mark the one on which the working memory is giving beeping noise to the PC.

This would prove the functionality of your memory slots.

If you have any other questions or if this does not fix the problem, REPLY.

Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..
HP Recommended

Hi, 

First of all, thanks for your prompt reply. When the original RAM is used the computer works just fine, only when the new RAM is inserted the motherboard gives the beep sound. Both slots are functioning for the original RAM. Actually my concern is on whether is this a compability issue or RAM/motherboard faulty issue. However after reading your reply I can almost conclude that it is the new RAM that is causing the trouble. I will contact the supplier and try to check if the RAM is faulty on another PC. Thanks for your reply. 😃

HP Recommended
Your Welcome.
Check out for the RAM.
As per specs the PC supports a DDR3 RAM on the PC.
Before you purchase a new RAM check out motherboard specs.
The MHz of the RAM is also a main concern.
The will not work if the RAM MHz is exceeded the transfer speed.

- Aves..
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.