Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 510-p010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought this HP Pavilion 510-P010.  I was told the slot would fit my sD card, I specifcally asked about it before I bought it.  They said it would fit.  I cannot get it to fit the normal way, does it go in sideways?  And if so, which way does it face.  I'm afraid to stick it in there and something will happen if I don't put it in right. 
The card is a xD-Picture Card M 2GB.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You said it was an xD card, which is specific to Olympus and Fuji XD Picture Card camera's.

I do not know of any Compaq or HP model that could accept those cards......enlighten us?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@paterd, welcome to the forum.

Here are the cards that are supported by the card reader:

Figure : Memory card reader Memory card reader

Supports the following cards:
  • Secure Digital (SD)
  • Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
  • SDXC

It doesn't appear that your card is supported.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

So much for sales help.  He did not tell me it only supported certain cards. I wouldn't have bought this if it didn't support my card.  Now how am I going to load my photos into it?

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear you were the victim of a salesman - maybe you can talk him into giving you a card reader that you can plug into one of your USB ports.  If not card readers are fairly inexpensive items at retail stores or on the internet.

HP Recommended

You said it was an xD card, which is specific to Olympus and Fuji XD Picture Card camera's.  In your opening inquiry, you mentioned sD.... maybe a typo??? on your part.   Either way, here's USB 2 reader for xD.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

So much for sale people knowing anything.  And why did HP decide to only accept a few cards?  My old HP tower accepted my card.  It doesn't make sense that they "devolve" their products!

HP Recommended

You said it was an xD card, which is specific to Olympus and Fuji XD Picture Card camera's.

I do not know of any Compaq or HP model that could accept those cards......enlighten us?

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

My previous HP p6724Y accepted  many different xD, SD, Compact Flash, etc. cards.  It was only 5 years old and  I had to replace it.  Next time I'll be replacing this HP with another brand, that's for sure.

HP Recommended

Yes, Sd was a typo, I meant Xd.

HP Recommended

While you mindset is within lockstep for your xD card, others might wish to understand.  Dealing with discontinued products is always very frustrating. Been there with VHS tapes.  Luckily never had a Beta tape system.

Source document.  I will underline some statements. Some edits were made for clarify.

1)  xD-Picture Card is a flash memory card format, formerly used in digital cameras made by Olympus and Fujifilm. The xD in the xD-Picture Card stands for eXtreme Digital. It is not used in any cameras currently in production.

xD cards are available in capacities of 16 MB up to 2 GB.

2. Introduced into the market in July 2002

3. Higher cost and limited usage in products other than digital cameras, xD lost ground to SD.

4. Fastest xD card offers less than 10% of the speed of current Compact Flash cards.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.