Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPE-570t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have the Cleveland Motherboard, which has four SATA 2 ports.

I have in my system as listed by the Device Manager:

DISK DRIVES

• st31500341as - My 5 year old 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda

CD/DVD-ROM DRIVES

• ATAPI IHAS424 B
  • hp DVD RW AD-7251H5

Plus a 12 in 1 card reader that resides on the front panel; but I doubt that uses SATA port.

So, is there any option available to me, beyond physically opening the case, and visually checking the connections of the disk drives (CD and HDD)?

Would looking through the BIOS answer my question?

Thanks in advance,

Chef_D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your analysis of the use of the SATA ports seems to be correct and there should be one open SATA port.  If you look in the BIOS, there should be a page that shows which port is in use and what is connected to it.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Your analysis of the use of the SATA ports seems to be correct and there should be one open SATA port.  If you look in the BIOS, there should be a page that shows which port is in use and what is connected to it.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks The Old Man ,

I'll have a look at the BIOS settings (to confirm my suspicions)

Chef_D

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.