Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a video that can teach me how to clean the fan

How to Fix an Overheating Laptop - Step by Step Fan Cleaning - HP Pavilion
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the G7 manual

Removing the top cover will give you full access to the CPU fan.

Removing just the keyboard might give you enough access to blow out the fan.

Instructions for removing the top cover begin on page 61.

Keep in mind that the notebook has cooling vents on the bottom which should always remain clear.You should only operate the notebook on a hard surface, not on a pillow, bed, etc. .

There are also laptop cooler mats available that have built in USB powered fans.

Before disassembling the notebook you can try using a can of compressed air and blowing it into the intake/exhaust vents.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
       If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here is the G7 manual

Removing the top cover will give you full access to the CPU fan.

Removing just the keyboard might give you enough access to blow out the fan.

Instructions for removing the top cover begin on page 61.

Keep in mind that the notebook has cooling vents on the bottom which should always remain clear.You should only operate the notebook on a hard surface, not on a pillow, bed, etc. .

There are also laptop cooler mats available that have built in USB powered fans.

Before disassembling the notebook you can try using a can of compressed air and blowing it into the intake/exhaust vents.

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
       If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.