Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion a250n
Microsoft Windows XP

I want to which out my mother board on my a250n desktop pc. I need some direction on how to do lthis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @oudeis,

HP no longer has a lot of documents for this model of computer, as 13 years old.

I did find and document of change motherboards for a different computer, but the process should be close.

Please look at Pavilion p7-1000 Series Desktop PCs - Replacing the Motherboard.

Hope this helps. Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @oudeis,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are have question about replacing the motherboard. I will be glad to help you.

Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

Please get back to me , so I can help  you

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

For the Pavilion a250n the product number is "DF253A",and the serial number is "MXK3350762".

HP Recommended

And the operation system is Windows XP,

HP Recommended

Hi @oudeis,

HP no longer has a lot of documents for this model of computer, as 13 years old.

I did find and document of change motherboards for a different computer, but the process should be close.

Please look at Pavilion p7-1000 Series Desktop PCs - Replacing the Motherboard.

Hope this helps. Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'll keep you updated with how things go. Will be starting next week. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.