Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-280st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Friends.  I successfully installed a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD as a boot drive just fine.  However, it looks like the Windows 10 NVME driver is being used in place of the Samsung NVME driver.  I saw this post here where it says:

"Windows is indicating it is using the NVMe driver for this drive."

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-...

However I do not know how to determine this myself.  I am using a utility called "AIDA64 Extreme" and it's telling me the driver provider for the 950 is Micrososft and the driver version is 10.0.14393.0.  So, how do I get the 950 to use the Samsung driver instead?  Thanks for any help.  🙂

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

From Samsung tool (Samsung Magician), it shows my machine uses Samsung firmware, no information about driver. It uses Microsoft driver. The tool allows use to check and update firmware but not driver.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Open the device manager and then expand the storage controller device section. If it is Samsung, it will show it. If aWindows driver is installed,  it will show a standard NVM Express controller device.   I have a Samsung NVMe SSD in this desktop and am using the Samsung NVMe driver as seen in the following image.

storage controller.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.