Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp g099na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I cannot find the memory card rearder in mu all in one hp g099na

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ged1954,

Turn the unit off. Unplug the power cord, and lay the unit face down on padded surface or towel.

Now inspect the bottom edge.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

According to the SUPPORT PAGE that PC has a 3-in-1 card reader

Supports the following cards:
  • Secure Digital (SD)
  • Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
  • SDXC

But nowhere does it indicate where they are.  I did find this on another site.  It might not be the same model, however.

There are two USB 3.0 ports and a 3-in-1 media card reader located on the chin

225c6fcef2cf674f3203e0a66976921d-650-80.jpg

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, though it has not helped me as the photo is of another model computer. The usb ports on my pc are in the centre of the back of it, no sign of card readers anwhere at all! Have HP pulled a fast one selling this to me?:smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

I suspected that might be the case as the picture appeared to be a front face.  If you look at the "This PC"  window, do any card readers appear?  They are typically shown as USB drives.  Another place to check is the "Device Manager" window.  They would be listed under the "Disk drives" category.  Click on the arrow symbol to expand the category.  If there are any present, it will show how many and the type of card reader.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, though I am still not any wiser as to where it/they are.

The advert states

Memory card reader: 3-in-1 memory card reader  

Here is the web page where I got it from

http://www.currys.ie/Product/hp-24g099na-24-full-hd-allinone-pc-white/341216/401.2.1

:indifferent:

HP Recommended

I see the specs from that site.  I repeat my advice to see if they are really there.

If you look at the "This PC"  window, do any card readers appear?  They are typically shown as USB drives.  Another place to check is the "Device Manager" window.  They would be listed under the "Disk drives" category.  Click on the arrow symbol to expand the category.  If there are any present, it will show how many and the type of card reader.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hello again, I did as you said but all that I saw was an item named WDC W20EZRZ under disk drives, so it seems the PC spec listed in the website was wrong sadly for me. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

@Ged1954,

Turn the unit off. Unplug the power cord, and lay the unit face down on padded surface or towel.

Now inspect the bottom edge.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

WOW WOW WOW, I would never hhave expected to find it there! Thnk you so much for helping me. You are a star! Here is a photo i just opened from the SD card.sticky buds.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.