Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite m9565uk Desk
Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit)

Apart from the graphic card my computer appears to be able to run Windows 10, however, I asked some computer experts and have been informed that as my computer runs VISTA the mother board will not be compatable with Windows 10 is this correct?

If my computer can run Windows 10 can you recommend a graphic card that will work with my Computer and Windows 10.

If it is not possible to run Windows 10 on my current computer (after changing the Graphic card) can you recommend a HP computer that as good or better than my current computer.

Thank you for your help.

John Cordwell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @JohnCordwell :

I think your PC will be able to run W10 just fine as is.

The graphics adapter can run W10, and I believe W10 will install a driver for the Intel graphics your PC has.

Since there are no specs that I can find regarding your PC (other than the motherboard specs), I would not be able to determine if there are other devices such as TV tuners, SD card readers, etc.

Those may not work properly on W10.

Now, if you decide to install W10, and you don't like the Intel graphics performance for some reason (it should be no different than it is now), I recommend you get a cheap but good graphics card such as the nVidia  GT 610.

That will work fine with W10, and there are W10 drivers for it from nVidia.

I have a HP dc7800 business desktop with a similar Intel series 3 chipset and it runs W10 just fine.

I already had an AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics card, so I do not know how exactly how well the Intel graphics performs on W10, but as I stated above, I don't think you'll have a problem with it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As we have completelyu understood yuour issue you are facing issue in the  Hp pavillon mother board. As we have properly checked this issue regarding the comaptiblity of window 10 in your pc it is not possible for you to go with windows 10 to go ahead with that.

And in regardind with the issue of graphic card the graphic card is just for the  better quality of the videos not for the operating system.

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended

Hi, @JohnCordwell :

I think your PC will be able to run W10 just fine as is.

The graphics adapter can run W10, and I believe W10 will install a driver for the Intel graphics your PC has.

Since there are no specs that I can find regarding your PC (other than the motherboard specs), I would not be able to determine if there are other devices such as TV tuners, SD card readers, etc.

Those may not work properly on W10.

Now, if you decide to install W10, and you don't like the Intel graphics performance for some reason (it should be no different than it is now), I recommend you get a cheap but good graphics card such as the nVidia  GT 610.

That will work fine with W10, and there are W10 drivers for it from nVidia.

I have a HP dc7800 business desktop with a similar Intel series 3 chipset and it runs W10 just fine.

I already had an AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics card, so I do not know how exactly how well the Intel graphics performs on W10, but as I stated above, I don't think you'll have a problem with it.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul,

Here are some more specks for my machine, do these make you change your mind about running Windows 10  on my machine?

regards

John

Model Information

Model Name

m9565uk

Product Number

NF398AA-ABU

Software Build

91WEv6PrA4

Serial Number

CZH90301F0

Motherboard

System Board

Chipset

Intel G31/G33/G35/P31/P35

Southbridge

Intel 82801IR (ICH9R)

Base Board

Manufacturer

PEGATRON CORPORATION

Product

Benicia

BIOS

Vendor

American Megatrends Inc.

Release Date

12/16/2008

BIOS Version String

ROM Size

1.00 MB

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz

Name

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz

Cores

Threads

Current Speed

2.50 GHz

Features

MMX, PSE36, EM64T, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, XD, VMX

L1 Instruction Cache

4 x 32.00 kB

L1 Data Cache

4 x 32.00 kB

L2 Cache

2 x 3.00 MB

Memory

Total Physical Memory

4.00 GB

2048 MB DDR2-SDRAM (PC2-6400 / 800 MHz)

Memory Size

2.00 GB

Memory Type

DDR2-SDRAM (PC2-6400 / 800 MHz)

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120

Manufacturer

NVIDIA

Video Card Chip Type

GeForce GT 120

Video Card Memory

1.00 GB

Video Card BIOS

Version 62.94.6c.0.35

Driver

c:\windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys

Driver Version

8.17.11.9732, 3-24-2010

Video Capture Device

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200 (Model 71xxx, Hybrid DVB-T, No FP)

Network Card

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)

Driver

c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtlh64.sys

Driver Version

6.208.729.2008, 7-29-2008

802.11n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Adapter

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, John.

What most likely won't work on W10...

Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1200 (Model 71xxx, Hybrid DVB-T, No FP)

802.11n Wireless PCI Express Card LAN Adapter

There are W10 drivers from Nvidia for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 graphics card your PC has.

So... if you can live without those two devices, then you should be able to run W10 on your PC just fine.

You can replace both of those devices with newer equipment, if you need them, I would imagine.

On my HP desktop PC, I use this dual band USB wireless network adapter.  It works great on W10.

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-product?pid=01t80000003K7a3AAC

Unfortunately, I don't have any recommendations for a W10 capable TV tuner.

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul,

I can live without te WinTV and will get a new Lan or a plug in betwork adapter. This will save me at least £200 by not having to get a complete new computer.

Regards

John

HP Recommended

Anytime, John.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how the upgrade to W10 went for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.