Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hppavilion product G4A94AA#ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Having problems installing new graphics card amd R7 250. I've upgraded power supply to 550. Installed old drivers in safe mode then add new card computer will not start just beeps. What I'm I doing wrong or is my PC not compatible? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming that your HP 500-369, which cames with an GT 635, needed a simple turn-off of the Secure Boot.  I will quote what I linked, so others can follow this more closely.

"Secure Boot Configuration is a new feature of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) in BIOS 8 that helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware. When your computer was manufactured, UEFI created a list of keys that identify trusted hardware,  firmware, and operating system loader code. It also created a list of keys to identify known malware.
When Secure Boot is enabled, the computer blocks potential threats before they can attack or infect the computer. For example, Secure Boot can prevent your computer from starting from illegally copied CDs or DVDs that could harm the computer. Secure Boot does not lock out valid recovery discs or Windows discs.
You may have to disable Secure Boot in order to use hardware (such as older video cards) that Secure Boot does not recognize, or to boot from a CD or DVD that is not recognized. If Secure Boot does not recognize hardware, Windows does not use the hardware when it boots up, and you may experience problems starting the computer. If Secure Boot does not recognize a video card, the computer may have a blank display

I consider the inquiry closed, and thank you for the reply.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You need to turn  off Secure Boot.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended
Hi Dean, thanks for answering. I'm operating windows 10. This is what the warning says and should I still do it? The options on this setup page are only for Windows 8 and other operating systems that support secure boot. Changing the default setting of any of the setup options on this page for operating systems that do not support secure boot may prevent the system from booting successfully. Thanks
HP Recommended
Thanks so much I got.
HP Recommended

Thanks for confirming that your HP 500-369, which cames with an GT 635, needed a simple turn-off of the Secure Boot.  I will quote what I linked, so others can follow this more closely.

"Secure Boot Configuration is a new feature of the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) in BIOS 8 that helps a computer resist attacks and infection from malware. When your computer was manufactured, UEFI created a list of keys that identify trusted hardware,  firmware, and operating system loader code. It also created a list of keys to identify known malware.
When Secure Boot is enabled, the computer blocks potential threats before they can attack or infect the computer. For example, Secure Boot can prevent your computer from starting from illegally copied CDs or DVDs that could harm the computer. Secure Boot does not lock out valid recovery discs or Windows discs.
You may have to disable Secure Boot in order to use hardware (such as older video cards) that Secure Boot does not recognize, or to boot from a CD or DVD that is not recognized. If Secure Boot does not recognize hardware, Windows does not use the hardware when it boots up, and you may experience problems starting the computer. If Secure Boot does not recognize a video card, the computer may have a blank display

I consider the inquiry closed, and thank you for the reply.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.