Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Elite m9250f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have what I think should be a straitforward question but I have searched forever and have been unable to find a solution. I would like to know where I connect the data cable from the Personal Media Bay to the motherboard. If it helps, it is an IPIBL-LB Benicia motherboard. A description would work - a diagram would be perfect. Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

Please refer to this HP spec web page for your PC.

Scroll down page and open Motherboard Layout.

There are two USB headers located in lower right corner of diagram.

These headers will be in top left corner of your PC which is close to the connector you will attach to the motherboard.

Grzy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Interweb

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how and where to connect the personal media bay.

I’d love to help!

Please refer to the below manual (Page 11) to set up the Pocket media drive on your computer.

http://hp.care/2jc6A5O

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The question I had was how to connect the personal media drive bay - not the pocket drive bay. I just need to know where the data cable connects.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @Interweb

Thank you for posting back.

Refer to the below document on how to connect personal media drive bay.

http://hp.care/2jc0PVE

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your efforts The Fossette, however I am still in the dark.

When you open up the PC, on the bottom left as you look from the back toward the front of the PC, there is the hard drive and personal media cage. On the personal media section of the cage there are two cables: One is a power cable and the other is a long white data cable. What I would like to know is, where on the motherboard do I connect that long white data cable? Somebody somewhere must know the location of this connection.

Maybe this is one of those deep mysteries that man was not meant to know, lol  🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Interweb

Thank you for posting back.

Is it possible to take a picture of the cable you are referring to and send it to me?

Looking forward to your reply and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here is a picture of the cable in question. It can be seen on top of the personal media bay. The cable just to the right of it is a power cable.

Any ideas?

Inside_Pavilion.jpg

HP Recommended

Hello

Connect the cable to a USB 2.0 header on the motherboard. The media reader requires a USB 2.0 connection on the motherboard.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thank you for your post. Yes I see that now that it is a usb connector. Do you know where I could find a usb 2.0 header on that motherboard?

All the best.

HP Recommended

Hello

Please refer to this HP spec web page for your PC.

Scroll down page and open Motherboard Layout.

There are two USB headers located in lower right corner of diagram.

These headers will be in top left corner of your PC which is close to the connector you will attach to the motherboard.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.