Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a Joshua-H61-uATX Motherboard. (It's an HP P6-2260ea PC)

I'm thinking of Upgrading my i3 2120 to a i5 3470 (Sandy-Bridge to Ivy-Bridge)
I know my motherboard supports it, but will I need a BIOS Update
I can not find a BIOS update ANYWHERE.
Thanks.

Also, Bios Version is: AMI 7.11 28/04/2012

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You don't need a BIOS update.

When it is stated that a CPU is supported in the motherboard specifications document it means that BIOS support is already present.

bios support.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

You don't need a BIOS update.

When it is stated that a CPU is supported in the motherboard specifications document it means that BIOS support is already present.

bios support.jpg

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Negative. Its not true. I have Exact same issue. I bought i7 2600k sandy (95w) for this board and I get the mesage at start "unsupported cpu. shutting down in a few seconds." I've checked everywhere in the interweb universe and everything says its 100% compatible. The problem is HP as they REFUSE to add cpu support for you're little custom ami bios rom.  Now, the way I see it, you guys should give the microcode support, or patch my bios with special anti gayness, or buy this cpu I just bought that you guys, and foxconn claim is supported by everything...(Content removed by Moderator)
How you guys feeling about that?

product p7-1410

h61-uatx

Board 2ada

Bios version (AMI) HP v8.17 (8.11 original)

Evga FTW Gtx970 /sse2

SuperNova 650

2TB HDD

HP Recommended

Добрый день. У меня компьютер P6-235er. Системная  плата  Joshua-H61-uATX. Поменял CPU на intel  Core i5 2500K. Выдает ошибку при загрузке "unsupported cpu. shutting down in a few seconds". И выключается, через несколько секунд. Подскажите, процессор  intel  Core i5 2500K не поддерживается данной материнской платой? Просьба ответить, есть ли возможность исправить програмно, чтобы не выдавал более такую ошибку. А то не удобно постоянно нажимать клавишу F1. Спасибо. Жду ответа.

HP Recommended

It is usually best if you source an Intel processor with the HP part number.

HP Recommended

Получается, что этот процессор не поддерживается. Я про 2500K/

HP Recommended

@apdak wrote:

Получается, что этот процессор не поддерживается. Я про 2500K/

Well that would certainly explain the unsupported error message.

HP Recommended

Хорошо. А возможно ли отключить проверку в bios, что компьютер не выключался? Потому что, если нажать клавишу F1, загрузка проходит без проблем. И компьютер фунционирует хорошо.  

HP Recommended

Use Google translate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.