Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 860-019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As the title says I just moved to South Korea. I am wondering where I can get a 220 v power supply for my device and if this is all I need to do.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs, the power supply range is 100-240V

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-Phoenix-860-Desktop-PC-series/8499708/model/8680786/docu...

There should be a little (normally red) switch on the power supply near where it plugs in, that you flip from 120V to 240V.

You may need a small screwdriver to flip the switch.

Then you would need to buy the applicable power cord that fits in a wall socket for Korea, that I assume you can purchase locally at a PC repair shop.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. There is no visable switch on the back. It may be covered by a plate. I just don't know what to unscrew to open the back. If you know i would be super greatful thanks!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

It may be possible that the switch is automatic.

On some power supplies there are no switches to flip.

I'm looking at some of my HP desktops I have, and lo and behold, none of them have the 110-220 flip switch either.

And they are also 100-220V.

So, I would have to say under those circumstances, all you would need is the right power cord.

You may want to call HP technical support and double check though.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help. I tried contacting support first, but the guy said take it to a local HP store, which is very difficult to do for me. I asked him if they had cords for purchase online and he said no. I think i do just need a cord because at the daughter end of my power cord it says 125V and 10A and 1250W. Do you know where I would be able to buy a cord? Do you think any PC shop would sell them. Again I really appreciate your help!

HP Recommended

Yes, I think the power supply switch is automatic, because I have a spare, newer 100v-240v power supply, and checked it out from stem to stern, and there are no switches.

I have another older PC, and that power supply does have a 110v - 220v switch.

Power cord...yes, I am pretty sure you need a new one rated for 220V that has the correct prong configuration.

They are standard, so I would think you should have no problem getting one from a local PC shop or hardware store.

The end that plugs into the PC is the same on all of them.

Take your current cord with you when you go shopping.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.