Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 750
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Thimphu motherboard, is what I am currently running on this PC. I've been looking everywhere for the dimesions for the M.2 slots. I know that there it has an A slot and M slot, that's as far as I was able to find. Is there a page where there is more detailed information and the sizes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please refer to this forum thread: Thimphu Motherboard Specs

M.2 Key M  2260 = 22mm x 60mm  [Socket 3 is PCIe x4 | Socket 2 is SATA]

M.2 Specs

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

M.2 Key M  2260 = 22mm x 60mm  [Socket 3 is PCIe x4 | Socket 2 is SATA]

M.2 Specs

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@y2ken wrote:

All I was able to see where the the M.2 slots are located, nothing about the length. Is there still no in depth manual out?

HP Recommended

I edited my previous reply with more info that may help. :generic:

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

You're welcome BUT the M.2 standard is a very confusing one so I did some further research and it appears that Key M supports several different lengths not just 2260. So you may be back to square one. :Crying: In the motherboard photo it looks like there may be two stand offs in that slot to secure the M.2 card. Look closely on the motherboard PCB and if you are lucky you might see the size specs printed near those points. 

Capture.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.