Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP19-2404 All-In-One Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Friends:

I would like to upgrade the memory on my HP19-2404 All-In-One desktop computer. It came with 4GB (!) of installed memory and has one empty slot. I was told by the good folks at Fry's that I could upgrade to 16GB if I wanted to. I am going to upgrade to 12GB, using the original 4GB board and add a new board with 8GB to give a total of 12GB. Anyway, I need to know if there is anthing I need to do after I install the memory? Do I just fire it up and see if everyting works ok? Or is there something that needs to be done after making an upgrade like this. I have done this before on a previous laptop and it worked fine. I thought that I would ask about this before I actually perform the switch. It will save me $80 to do it myself as opposed to taking it in to Fry's and having them do it. 

Thanks for any help y'all can provide to this newbie!

921fbd339c94ae0fc1da463ba1148a3b.jpg

Steve

Y'all take care!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, your machine does support 16GB as shown:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-19-2400-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/8667935/model/8680758/d...

You can buy 8GB from Fry and swap 8GB to slot 1, 4GB to slot 2. You don't have to do anyting, machine should accept new RAM automatically.

The down side is your machine won't run dual channel mode because RAM on 2 slots are not the same. I would go for the max which is 16GB (8GB+8GB) or use 4GB+4GB.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, your machine does support 16GB as shown:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-19-2400-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/8667935/model/8680758/d...

You can buy 8GB from Fry and swap 8GB to slot 1, 4GB to slot 2. You don't have to do anyting, machine should accept new RAM automatically.

The down side is your machine won't run dual channel mode because RAM on 2 slots are not the same. I would go for the max which is 16GB (8GB+8GB) or use 4GB+4GB.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. I will try this and see how it works. It should speed up the computer quite a bit, although the hard drive is still kind of slow. Maybe an upgrade to an SSD drive? I am really surprised that HP would ship this computer with only 4GB of memory. The machine is so s-l-o-w! 

Thanks again! :generic:

Y'all take care!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.