Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 23-B140XT
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi - I need a new motherboard for my all-in-one Pavilion 23-B140XT.  I am trying to find the part number so i make sure i get the correct motherboard?

Also any suggestions on where to find the best deal online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that appears to be the correct board, however it seems to me that you will be getting the board with the 696941-001 part number.

If you look that part number up in the HP parts surfer link I posted, it shows this...

696941-001Motherboard - Leeds-G, Intel H61, GF610, WIN8

So it will have a W8 'standard' product key embedded in the BIOS.

The link you posted shows the item is currently unavailable.

When I search other sites, I see them available, but for a whole lot more $$$.

Personally, if you can't get that part for $120 - $140, I wouldn't throw good money after bad.

I'd put the cash toward a new AIO PC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Enter the product number (C9D74AV) for your PC in the box at the link below, and you will be directed to the parts list for your model.

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

There are two motherboards.

The only difference is the embedded product key in the BIOS -- W8 or W8 Pro.

They have different part numbers based on that difference.

PC Board

-N/A-
 700544-501Motherboard - Leeds-G, Intel H61, GF610, WIN8   COMPLY_2.05

-N/A-
 700544-601Motherboard - Leeds-G, Intel H61, GF610, W8Pro   COMPLY_2.05

As to where you can find the best deal for them, unfortunately, that I would not know.

Do a search by the part number you want.

I checked the HP parts store online, and they do not sell them.

This is the info that comes up for either part #...

700544-601   This part is not yet available for purchase.
Motherboard - Leeds-G, Intel H61, GF610, W8Pro                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

HP Recommended

@Trouts

Since you will be removing the motherboard you could just remove it and check the P/N.

HP Pavilion 23-b100 All-in-One Desktop PC series - 2. Service Procedures Videos

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=5330748&MEID=F15CD789-B617-4CFF-B9B8-E30EA0FA5FA3

Click on Motherboard.

REO

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

REO great link .. it's actually my dad's computer about an hour away so I don't have it available to take out the motherboard.  It still works most of the time, when it stops working he taps/bangs on the link light that is exposed and it fires back up.  But I'm sure that won't last too long beating on the board. 

HP Recommended

Yes, that appears to be the correct board, however it seems to me that you will be getting the board with the 696941-001 part number.

If you look that part number up in the HP parts surfer link I posted, it shows this...

696941-001Motherboard - Leeds-G, Intel H61, GF610, WIN8

So it will have a W8 'standard' product key embedded in the BIOS.

The link you posted shows the item is currently unavailable.

When I search other sites, I see them available, but for a whole lot more $$$.

Personally, if you can't get that part for $120 - $140, I wouldn't throw good money after bad.

I'd put the cash toward a new AIO PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.