Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
envy
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

This is my first post, sorry if I did not post in the right place.

I have a HP ENVY 700-527C Desktop, Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core, 12GB DDR3, 1TB SATA, 802.11ac, Bluetooth, Win8.1

I am moving from USA to Spain I am wondering if I can bring my desktop computer with me. I guess I will need to change the power supply but I do not know if it will work fine or I will need to replace other components.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You shouldn't have to change the power supply.

On the back of the PC by where you plug in the power cord to the power supply, there should be a little red switch you can flip from 120V (USA) to 220V (Europe).  See the specs for your model below (power supply is 100-240V).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-700-500-Desktop-PC-series/7477702/model/7609929/document...

You may need a small screwdriver to flip the switch, because they were not meant to be easily moved.

You will have to get a different power cord though.  You can probably pick one up once you get there.

The end that goes into the PC will be the same, but the part that goes into the wall won't be.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ASV-ASV, welcome to the forum.

When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi:

You shouldn't have to change the power supply.

On the back of the PC by where you plug in the power cord to the power supply, there should be a little red switch you can flip from 120V (USA) to 220V (Europe).  See the specs for your model below (power supply is 100-240V).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-700-500-Desktop-PC-series/7477702/model/7609929/document...

You may need a small screwdriver to flip the switch, because they were not meant to be easily moved.

You will have to get a different power cord though.  You can probably pick one up once you get there.

The end that goes into the PC will be the same, but the part that goes into the wall won't be.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.