Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 22-3160na Touchscreen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

:robotlol:Link to product:

http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=P1K28EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP

I bought this PC on April 25 2016 and up till now this is the worst PC I have owned in my life!

I made 3-4 reviews about this garbage and its still not on the UK website!

I dont know if its either the terrible hardware or mine is just a faulty PC.

Issues:

1.My USB ports usually stop working (when I connect a peripheral)

2.Not a issue just a stupid thing HP did the HDMI is a output which means I cant hook it up to an output!

3.My PC often just freezes or lags

4.You might say "Your PC is stuffed with viruses" Its not only 6gb of storage was used and the only things I have installed was autodesk and google sketchup and steam and remote play and Unity. I did LOTS of anti virus scans using McAfee and AVG and there was nothing I uninstalled steam and everything else and there was no difference my PC was extremely slow.

5.I have a feeling my ram is not working properly; I have 4gb ram but 3gb usable but my PC usually stops when opening microsoft edge it just stops working and lags.

6.when leaving an application on for a while and returning back to it it just tells me 'Not Responding' Everytime!

7.Dissconectivty issues: I always disconnect from the internet when my wifi is working. No my wifi is fast so it should work I checked my other device and it showed my wifi is working this issue also applies to my HP all in one printer which always has a paper jam!

8.Bad proccesor: Please tell me I can replace this with an intel I5-I7 skylake cause this proccesor is a cheap £20-40 AMD proccesor Please HP tell me if I can replace it with this proccesor: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Skylake-Processor-i5-6500-Turbo/dp/B010T6CWI2/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&...

9.Useless graphics card: Not joking but my brother cant play RÕBLOX on the lowest settings its a maximum of 16fps horribld isnt it? Well please tell me if I can replace it with a Nvidia graphics card; Will these graphics cards work?:

-GTX 660

-GTX 770TI

-GTX 980M (Fits in laptops dont see why not?)

-AMD 270X

-GTX 1060

Or anything better than this!

10.Not an issue too but a reccomendation: Dont use a mirror as a screen, The screen is really bad its glossy ok its just TOO GLOSSY.

11.Not an issue but a Praise (Only thing I like) The Sound Quality is great though with the speakers at the front but the bezels are really ugly.

About UPGRADES:

Can I change the graphics cards to those listed above? If I can PLEASE tell me if I need to replace the power supply or not (obviously its a yes)

Question: Will I void the warranty if I upgrade the RAM? Also is there only 1 slot for a 4gb ram?! Cause I want to upgrade this to 8 (or 16 if possible) RAM also I'm dissapointed that this is a 800 MHZ RAM! If I upgrade it to a 8-16gb 2133Mhz RAM would it work or need a higher PSU?

Yes you might be thinking I want this for gaming but No I'm going to have this PC for a long time so I dont want it to be obsolete in a few months time and I use game engines so I need this upgraded due to tech being more advanced during time!

Sorry about being negative in some parts but these are the options I would wish to have

1st choice:

-Intel I5 (In link above)

-GTX 750TI 4-6gb

-8GB 2133MHZ RAM

-Tell me the power supply if I need to change it.

2nd Choice:

-Intel I5

-GTX 980M 4-6gb

-16gb 2133MHz or 8gb 2133Mhz

-tell me power supply to please!

3rd choice:

least possible but CAN I;

Intel I5

GTX 1060 4-6gb

-tell me power supply!

Thank you very much for reading this! I might change my mind on how bad HP is. Please tell me recommendations how to

find out if my PC is faulty or not or if it's not tell me how to acctually work.

Oh also can I  change it to a SSD or SSHD?

Please tell me if these upgrades will work or not or tell me another selection which can run top games steady 35-60fps low-med settings (Cause I cant make high quality games using unity if my PC cant handle it)

Thank you very much!

Note:I'm using my ipad due to my PC being slow...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Did you get this as a gift?  Here are the specs.  With a lowly 1.8 Ghz processor (soldered) and a graphics set that is part of the CPU chip, and here is NO slot for a graphic card.  No possible ungrade except a increasing the RAM to two 8 GB modules.  It has a laptop brick for a power supply. What you have is a basic inetrnet/email unit.

IMHO, it was never meant to be what your expecting.   I then thought you were pranking, but your a Brit, so I stopped short.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Did you get this as a gift?  Here are the specs.  With a lowly 1.8 Ghz processor (soldered) and a graphics set that is part of the CPU chip, and here is NO slot for a graphic card.  No possible ungrade except a increasing the RAM to two 8 GB modules.  It has a laptop brick for a power supply. What you have is a basic inetrnet/email unit.

IMHO, it was never meant to be what your expecting.   I then thought you were pranking, but your a Brit, so I stopped short.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!

But does it matter if the RAM's MHz high or not?

Also I know you said RAM is the only option but I desperately need it upgraded to an SSD is that possible?

Thanks also why are you asking if this was a gift? I found it a bit racist saying that  I was pranking but since I'm a brit it mean's im not a troll! Trust me most brits are trolls 😉

Thanks alot!

Edit: I even found it more racist the way you gave me a link to the indonesian website ;-;

HP Recommended

RAM speed is specific to the Processor . Each socket will support upto an 8 GB module.

E2-6110 APU: Supports up to PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)

A4-6210 APU: Supports up to PC3-12800 (DDR3-1600)

A6-6310 APU: Supports up to PC3-14900 (DDR3-1866)

Both the link you furnished, and my link were UK.   I was thinking it was a gift,  as your asking questions about performance levels after a purchase.  On the other question,  it does an a single SATA drive header on the motherboard.  You would need a 2.5" tray adapter to mount the SSD when you swap of the drive.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thanks. Also I did not recieve the product as a gift I got the  HP ENVY 750-250na Desktop PC But the one Instead I recieved is a 21.5inch tablet with a built in mirror and outdated graphics card and proccesor.

This PC is extremely overpriced also I checked all the specs and the 'superb' ram included in this 'beast' is a 800mhz cheap £10 RAM and a rubbish amd proccesor that approx costs £30-40 (its approx cause this proccesor is so old it does not even show any images or details about it) Just saying but my experience with this PC is cr* its a PC thats not even optimized for anything it should have been a tablet what even sucks more is that I recieved a touch one, would have been less dissapointed if I got the non touch.

Last time getting a HP the printers are faulty I got a paper jam today printing an important document and I had to screw the top and release the cheap plastic case, if I'm getting a printer I'll stick with Cannon if I'm getting a PC or laptop which I will soon I'll just get a DELL a more trustworthy company that isnt overpriced like HP is.

Thanks listening you probably have experience with HP's uselesss bloatware and overpriced junk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.