Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Please say in hindi
HP Recommended

:womanfrustrated: I am having the very same problem.  An IT support guy I know said it must be the mother board.  I hope not.  This is a friends computer I am trying to get working.  It's been in a box for 2 years I think she said.  I am sure it has no warranty on it.

HP Recommended

I think my power supply is toast.  It is in an HP Pavilion Slimline s5650z.  I am trying to find a replacement.  HP has no replacement parts for that device.  I am trying to find other sellers of PSUs that would work in my s5650z.  I see their allusions to "universal" PSUs, but no sign that one of their universal PSUs would work with my s5650z.  How do I sort that out?

HP Recommended

Hi Dubina,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message after the weekend from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details)

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended
Hi karol,

I will probably receive the new PSU between Monday and Thursday. Meanwhile, I am trying to remove the old PSU and having a little trouble with that. Specifically, I am now trying to remove the disk reader, and I cannot quite see how to slide it back. I see three connections / cables that I think should first be removed, but I need help at that point. I have watched a You Tube video of an HP Slimline s51xx PSU removal, but I think the 51xx is not quite the same procedure as the s5650z.

That is probably most of the help I will need.

Thanks,

David Sicks
HP Recommended

I nave an older HP Compaq Presario S5300 NX that is used as backup for older programs and peripherals, i.e. my HP 2200c scanner which is no longer supported for use with Windows. The unit will not turn on and there is no LED or fan activity. I have followed all of the troubleshooting items with no effect. The unit had been turned off but when the mouse was inadvertently touched, the 3 LED's on the upper right side of the keyboard began flashing (for unknown period of time) and would only turn off if the PC was unplugged. After several days the unit was plugged back n but will not turn on.

HP Recommended
I had the same problem. My computer had been unplugged for 2 weeks. When I plugged it back in, it wouldn't power up. But it was receiving power. The front power light was on and when I shorted the PSU cable, the fans worked. I decided to mess with the power button cables. Pulled out my mobo manual and rewired them and it worked. I don't know why the wires worked for so long (almost a year) and then stopped. But try rewiring your power button wires if the other tips don't work. Good luck
HP Recommended

Usually unplugging the computer, press  the on button for 10+ seconds, then plug back in the computer and press the on button will start the computer. One last resource your could try.

1) Unplug every thing from your computer, usually monitor cable, mouse and keyboard, usb printer cable

2) Plug in your computer for at least 2 minutes.

3) The green power led on the back of the computer will be on.

4) Unplug the computer power from the power socket from the back of your computer, hold it near to the power prongs.

5) Press the power on button and hold until green led starts to dim, let go off the power button, fan should start to move, immediately plug in power cable.

This has worked for me, you may need to try a couple of times.

HP Recommended
My HP tower on &off button won't light up or turn on computer the back led light is on , a few weeks ago we had a small power outage. I tried unplugging the power cord and holding button down for 15 secs. But still nothing! Help !!!! Larry
HP Recommended
Unplug the surge protector from the wall do to a thunderstorm. Now the computer doesn't turn on at all. My computer is barely two and a half years old and it was running great. I have photos that I could never who plays on my computer of my son who passed away 15 months ago. I am extremely upset and also have been waiting text support to call me back
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.