Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 750-435st
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I received my HP Envy 750-435st Desktop today (ordered from HP) and the HDMI ports did not work out of the box. I tried multiple cables which I verified worked with same monitor (HP Pavilion 27xw)  and another computer.

I read on the forum that an older version of BIOS had killed HDMI for a lot of Pavillion users. I used HP Support Assist to update everything in my new computer. Bios updated to F15. HDMI ports still not recognized. I have to connect with an old VGA cable, but need the HDMI to work.

Are there other options I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @SuzanneBB

Thanks for the reply.

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that the issue is resolved and everything is working fine on your computer.

I would like to inform you that the two HDMI ports on the computer which are not working are on the motherboard and they are disabled as you have a dedicated graphics card on the computer. The two HDMI ports on the motherboard can't be enabled.

Hope that answers your question.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @SuzanneBB,

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community. Good day. 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips from experts in the community. I reviewed your post and understand that the HDMI port doesn’t work on the new computer. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 🙂  Brilliant troubleshooting and some smart diagnosis were done before posting your query. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

Please check these links out for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01059842

This link will also be useful although it is for a notebook to resolve HDMI issues: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Spectre-XT-15-Ultrabook/5296019/model/5333249/document/c01186...

If these links do not do the trick for you, I request you to visit this site: http://hp.com/drivers and update the bios, chipset, graphics card and audio drivers and then check if it works fine.

If it does not, then the issue could be hardware related and you could contact HP phone support by visiting this link: htttp://hp.com/support and follow the on-screen instructions.

First off we need to isolate the issue to being hardware or software related. I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

If it does then it is a hardware issue with the unit and it needs to be serviced. Please contact HP  phone support by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the unit was ordered directly from HP, you get a 30-day return window to return it a well.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply!  I had to call support for assistance and we spent almost 2 hours working on this. The HP drivers page did not provide the correct version of drivers for my NVIDIA card as it claimed my model of computer should have the GeForce GTX 1060 but it has GTX 960. The support rep found the correct drivers on the NVIDIA website. However, that did not solve the problem.

The actual problem turned out to be the 2 HDMI ports were dummies, not active ports. There is one working HDMI port on the back of the NVIDIA, in the middle of 3 display ports. However, the 2 HDMI ports are in the component underneath that, next to the USB ports, audio ports, etc. What purpose do dummy ports offer?  I suspect mine will not be the first call support will receive questioning inactive ports.

Regardless, the mystery is solved. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @SuzanneBB

Thanks for the reply.

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that the issue is resolved and everything is working fine on your computer.

I would like to inform you that the two HDMI ports on the computer which are not working are on the motherboard and they are disabled as you have a dedicated graphics card on the computer. The two HDMI ports on the motherboard can't be enabled.

Hope that answers your question.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.