Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion HPE h8 1380t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The SN# (removed content).  The mother board has went out, trying to find out what mother board I need and where I can find. All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The motherboard is an lga 1155 for sandy bridge processor. Instead of lookng for the exact same motherboard you can buy one from Msi, Asrock, Asus and probably spend less and have extra features in your system. The form factor in your Pc is uatx, so you can insert nearly any motherboard as long as it is matx or smaller. This way you have an enormous choice of motherboards.

Let me know if you need further help. By the way if you have win 7 oem installed you can probably reinstall for free if you contact Microsoft support and let them know you changed motherboard.

David

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

H81380t is Pittsburgh motherboard made by Pegatron for only HP.

This PC was made by HP in 2012. This will be hard and maybe expensive to get replacement MB. You could try HP but it may not be good.

Try Ebay or search for it on Google.

The replacement board will not run HP version of Windows 7. You will have to buy new Windows 7.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hi,

The motherboard is an lga 1155 for sandy bridge processor. Instead of lookng for the exact same motherboard you can buy one from Msi, Asrock, Asus and probably spend less and have extra features in your system. The form factor in your Pc is uatx, so you can insert nearly any motherboard as long as it is matx or smaller. This way you have an enormous choice of motherboards.

Let me know if you need further help. By the way if you have win 7 oem installed you can probably reinstall for free if you contact Microsoft support and let them know you changed motherboard.

David

HP Recommended

Thanks David, I'll see if I can find one.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your welcome, let me know if you need further help.

greetings,

David

Italy

HP Recommended

Hello

Please check HP front power switch and LED connection on motherboard before you buy new board.

I have reverse engineed a number of HP systems when fixing or replacing and have seen front connections that are not like Asus or Asrock or Gigabyte boards.

So this could be problem getting everything to work on new motherboard.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.