Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-110eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I would like to replace present graphic card Radeon HD8570 with something more capaple for games. Not too expensive.  I would like to have a quick fix without external power source, i.e. something that get power from the PCI slot. The desktop has 300 W power supply.

What can you recommend here?

BR Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have the similar characteristics of which I mention and 2GB should have no problems, if you have to change is the least 450 W, for that graphic, regardless of the processor you have, it should work.

Always take into account the form factor of the CPU and dimensions of the graphics.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI.

These graphics would be compatible with your computer and power supply: (PSU-300W)

-GT 730 2GB GDDR5
-Radeon R5 230
-Radeon HD 8570 AMD

If u can increase ur PSU to atleast 450W, then u can add Sapphire R7 260X 2GB GDDR5 for playing games with much better quality.

-Sapphire HD7850 GDDR5

-Asus Radeon HD 7770

Regards.

☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
HP Recommended

Great! What do you think about Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050 Expedition 2GB. According to some review it should work with 300W?

HP Recommended

If you have the similar characteristics of which I mention and 2GB should have no problems, if you have to change is the least 450 W, for that graphic, regardless of the processor you have, it should work.

Always take into account the form factor of the CPU and dimensions of the graphics.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.