Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

image.jpegI couldn't upload the other picture because it was too big. Let me just take a picture on my iPad, the quality will not be that great.        See the wire I am holding? When I opened of the computer I saw this out. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information.  This is a much better picture.

You should look at the hard drive.  It looks like it could possibly be a SATA power cable connector.  There will be a data cable connected.  This connector is a bit wider than the one you are holding.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Seems like all the wires are connected to my hard drive fine. image.jpeg

HP Recommended

We are about to strike out.  I looked at the diagram of the motherboard and don't see any 5-pin connectors.  It could be that it connects to one of the components.  You should look carefully at each component to see if you can find a connector that matches it.  Otherwise, it may be an extra connector that is not being used.  If you look at the picture that you posted there are extra white molex connectors.

HP Recommended

That wire that I have been pointing out looks like the wires that connect to the usb connectors..... Could that be it?

HP Recommended

Also,those molex connectors have always been unplugged. 

HP Recommended

@Bunion11 wrote:

Also,those molex connectors have always been unplugged. 

This is what I was pointing out.  I wanted to show that there are extra connectors that aren't being used.

The cable could definitely connect to the USB connectors.  I would give it a try.  However, I am not certain that the computer wouldn't boot without USB.  It might not.

HP Recommended

I am not that good with computers so I have no idea what the molex wires are used for... 

HP Recommended

This is bad. I really don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on this computer again. Just had it fixed...

HP Recommended

So there is nothing that you can help me with?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.