Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

So reinstall the operating system to the hard disk and see how it goes.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi, as I told you in a previous message,

yesterday, I reinstalled  thewhole system without any problem and updated Vista including SP2.

I also  checked  before switching off the PC doctor diagnostics and all tests passed with no indication of Error code BIOHD-2.

This morning at restart same problem as before but once more no problem to restart through PC doctor diagnostics including the error code Biohd-2.

Then I pursued today the upgrade of the various HP softwares and drivers from the HP site except the BIOS. All along this upgrading, whatever the number of restarts to install the sofware, I did not observe any problem to restart (but obviously without switching off the PC since it is an automated operation.

I run CPU-Z sofware to see if the problem would be related to wrong voltages on the motherboard.

Herebelow you can see an extract of the report:

Hardware monitor        Fintek F71882F
    Voltage 0        3.33 Volts [0xD0] (+3.3V)
    Voltage 1        1.26 Volts [0x9E] (CPU VCORE)
    Voltage 2        2.08 Volts [0x82] (VIN2)
    Voltage 3        1.11 Volts [0x5E] (VIN3)
    Voltage 4        5.13 Volts [0x7A] (+5V)
    Voltage 5        11.97 Volts [0x88] (+12V)
    Voltage 6        1.78 Volts [0x6F] (VIN6)
    Voltage 7        3.34 Volts [0xD1] (VSB3V)
    Voltage 8        3.26 Volts [0xCC] (VBAT)
    Temperature 0        44 degC (111 degF) [0x2C] (TMPIN0)
    Temperature 1        32 degC (89 degF) [0x20] (TMPIN1)
    Temperature 2        31 degC (87 degF) [0x1F] (TMPIN2)
    Fan 0            1647 RPM [0x38F] (FANIN0)
    Fan 1            1010 RPM [0x5CD] (FANIN1)
    Fan PWM 0        31 pc [0x50] (CPU)
    Fan PWM 1        37 pc [0x5F] (System Fan 1)
    Fan PWM 2        60 pc [0x99] (System Fan 2)
    Fan PWM 3        60 pc [0x99] (System Fan 3)

Please can you help me to explain these values. For me voltage 3 seems to be low. May be it is just a feeling.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended
Anyone found any solution to this? What support HP is offering for this. Drives not being recognised. Very weird.
HP Recommended

Hi, the only way to solve the problem is to change the hard drive. Although the HDD analysis using crystaldiskinfo

sofware leads to a correct HDD state, It is likely that the boot sector is somewhat altered.

Change the hard drive and everything will be OK.

Regards

HP Recommended

Please could you help me with the crystal disk info software?

HP Recommended

Hi, it's very easy

You download the sofware at the following address

https://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

and you execute.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.