Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 750-055xt
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying to find the specification for PN 746177-001 500 Watt power supply.  But I guess its a secret.  The price and delivery from the parts store is about twice what its worth. (just my opinion).   I can buy it for 30-60 bucks, but everyone seems to be out at this time .  I would consider a replacement, but the supply is labeled

+12

+12

+3.3*

+5*

+5

No negative?   *  means together.

All replacemants have a -12 supply.

Can anyone help? Is my supply mislabled?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no rocket science with the ATX12V power supply.  Just put in a Corsair CX500

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for posting here!

Could you provide the serial number and the product number of your PC?

Maditau
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

There is no rocket science with the ATX12V power supply.  Just put in a Corsair CX500

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Well I did buy the corsair power supply.  Now I am putting it in.   The only plug thats correct is the main one on the motherboard.   For example I an original labeled P2.  It is a 4 pin with 2 yellow and 2 black wires.   There is a cable with 4 of each color ending in an 8 pin plug. Labled CPU.

Size and mounting perfect.   No information in the box except warranty.

I didn't hink I was an idiot. If I have to cut off plugs and replace them, shouldn't there be a cross reference somewhere?

Help please

Dave

HP Recommended

You not stupid.  Simplicity can make it more interesting.

See here.  It should snap apart, into 2 separate 4 pins (2 black 2 yellow) each.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

I found that out on U tube just befor I read your message.  On close examination I saw it also and that solved that problem.

Then  the HP supply has a red and black wire that powers the DVD.  No equal on the corsair.  But the corsair did have a red wire light guage . So I cut the connector off the HP and soldered it on the CX .  Crossed my fingers and sure enough it worked.  WHats hard to believe is all the remaining leads and connectors from the CX500 supply that are not used.

But now I have two identical HP ENVY 750-055 computers.  All I have left is to set up the RAID 1 Drives.  The reason I have 2 computers is one will be connected to the internet, and the other NOT.  I will use the one for the outside world. The other for engineering and other stuff that cannot be attacked.

Thanks for your help,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.