Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 750-217c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Most motherboards have 4 SATA connectors but I can only find 3 on the Pegatron Odense motherboard. HP only provides a picture of the MB with no components labeled and Pegatron apparently provides zero information on their web site. Have I missed the 4th SATA connector somewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Because the unit is a Slimline case, there was no fundamental need for more than 3 Sata headers.  The case only supports 1 DVD drive, and 2 hard drives.  It does support 4 USB 3.0 devices, and from tests that I have performed, I have found that Sata3 and USB 3 are within equal specs.

Of little solace is the 2 missing Sata ports on the motherboard etching.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please bear in mind: HP may sub-contract with other manufacturer(s) to supply parts using HP's specs therefore HP Odense motherboard is NOT the same like other Pegatron own boards and Pegatron won't own it.

Hope this makes sense.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Because the unit is a Slimline case, there was no fundamental need for more than 3 Sata headers.  The case only supports 1 DVD drive, and 2 hard drives.  It does support 4 USB 3.0 devices, and from tests that I have performed, I have found that Sata3 and USB 3 are within equal specs.

Of little solace is the 2 missing Sata ports on the motherboard etching.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks wb2001.  I bought this HP Envy 750-217c because it was marked down $200, and my ageing PC's (newest one from 2011) seem to have some incompatibilities with Windows 10.  I hoped the new hardware would eliminate that.  I didn't realize it was a slimline case so I measured it - it is only 1/4" slimmer than my HP Pavillion p7-1037c from 2011.  After I opened the case I also noticed the power supply only has one extra SATA power connector, which adds to your explanation that it was designed for only 3 SATA devices.  The more I learn about this new PC the less I like about it.  I don't like the vertical DVD drive or the location of the external USB, audio, or card reader inputs.  It seems HP really cut costs in making this PC, and they provide very little documentation to the consumer.  Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.