Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP v250w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Pen Drive  v250w purchased on 31st March 2017 not working. Showing 'driver installed' and 'ready to use' , not appearing as drive when viewed through Windows Explorer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@

dasarnab1411

Welcome to HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP v250w USB Flash Drive and it does not get detected in Windows Explorer. You see a message as "driver installed" and "ready to use." 

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you connected the flash drive to another USB port and checked?
  • Do other USB devices work fine on the same USB ports?
  • Do you have another computer to check with?

Meanwhile, Please perform the below steps.

• Click on Start>> Computer.
  • Please check if the flash drive is seen in the computer window like the other drivers (Hard drive and DVD drive). If the flash drive is detected there and can be accessed then it means that the flash drive is fine and has no issues.

You may also open the device manager in Windows and check if the flash drive is detected there:

• Click on Start>> Control Panel>> Device Manager.

Hope this information helps. Let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

To answer your queries :-

• Have you connected the flash drive to another USB port and checked?
  • Ans:- Checked in atleast 4 systems and 10 ports , same result. 

• Do other USB devices work fine on the same USB ports? 

Ans:- Other USB drives are working fine.

• Do you have another computer to check with?

Ans:- Checked in atleast 4 systems.

The Flash drive is NOT showing in the computer window as other drivers.

HP Recommended

@dasarnab1411

Thanks for checking and replying with the information.

I did some further research and found this below information. (Source: http://hp.care/2pmkvMu)

So if you have already tried using the flash drive on the operating system recommended by HP and still if does not work then it indicates towards a flash drive failure. I have sent you a private message with the information on what to do if the USB flash drive fails. 

All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

It is not showing in the device manager window.

HP Recommended

@dasarnab1411

Looks like the HP v250w USB Flash Drive is defective. I recommend you refer to my private message to explore the hardware options.

All the best! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.