Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion M9340F
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After electrical storm, power supply LED light blinks, but fan doesn't spin and computer doesn't start. Does the power supply need to be replaced, and if so, what part do I order? The part number on the existing power supply is HP 5188-2859, and that one cannot be ordered (or so it says).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Based on your PC specs (here), any 350W power supply that will fit into your mid ATX case will be just fine.

I work on behalf of HP, but my opinions are my own.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Based on your PC specs (here), any 350W power supply that will fit into your mid ATX case will be just fine.

I work on behalf of HP, but my opinions are my own.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavilion 500 PCseries computer and after a bad lightening storm I lost power at the computer nothing works at all from the computer , its dead . Does it need a power board replacement , if so whats the replacement part called and how much ? Model number is , 500-023w, . Thanks if you can please help .....

HP Recommended

Hi @Roball

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that after a lightning storm the computer is not turning on.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I would like to inform you that without diagnosing the issue and checking the internal parts of the computer it is difficult to tell which part is gone bad. I recommend you to contact phone support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with the phone support.

Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detects

Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.