Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Is the RTC battery the same as the Primary (internal) battery?  I have had my computer now for 4 years and for the last year it has been giving me the message at startup saying that my primary (internal) battery is bad. I have a hp G60-249WM.  My PN is NB265UA#ABA, PRODUCT NAME is hp G60.  On my battery it has a sticker that says replace with HP spare 498482-001 then a bar code and under it 8K0910.  I have had to replace my A/C power adapter.  My computer keeps feeling hot but I have an air pad under it and it is tilted so air can easily get to my computer and the fan.  Which battery do I replace?

Renee

HP Recommended

plz my laptop have the same problem when it is start up .. ( internal battery 601 )

laptop model : HP Pavilion g6

btw I replaced from a couple of days the hard

plz give me infos 4 the cause of the problem and what should I do ?

HP Recommended

601 = Primary notebook battery - the big battery that provides all your power when it is not using an AC Adapter- this is not the same thing as the CMOS battery.
602 = Secondary notebook battery if your computer has a 2nd (backup/reserve) battery. Again, not the CMOS battery.

Think of the CMOS battery as a battery that goes into a wrist watch and it is attached to the motherboard to make sure the time/clock/date does not run out power and reset bact to zero (year 1900). If the CMOS battery fails you would get a realtime clock error or CMOS failure or similar message when booting your computer.

The errors involving 601 (or 602) indicate that your main battery is at the point of failure and you should replace it soon if you want to continue using your laptop as a portable device as the time it is able to hold a charge will continue to be much less to the point of being unusable when not on AC.

To test your main battery (or backup battery, if you have one), use the battery test from the UEFI boot environment. This support document can walk you through the steps: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
My computer will be charged completely and in about 25-30 minutes it is dead I get this error Do I need a new battery
HP Recommended

Hello raespec,

You’re having a problem with the battery not working for very long.

You can test and maybe calibrate the battery.

Here is a link that will walk you through the steps.

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
@ Raespec,

Yes, but it is your decision. Personally, I feel 1 hour is too short and is far past the time to replace the battery. Testing and calibrating will help make the Windows/battery indicator software display a more accurate representation of how much juice is left in the battery, but it will not give you more battery life or time (unless Windows is cutting you off too early because the calibration is way off).
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

I get subj msg when turning on laptop.

HP Recommended

Hello pgj465,

You’re getting a 601 battery error.

You may need to replace the battery on your laptop.

First, go into device manager and uninstall the battery and restart the computer.

This will uninstall and reinstall the driver that controls the battery.

Do a hard reset.

Turn the computer off.
Remove the power cable and the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.

This should reset the hardware in the computer.

Also here is a link that will walk you through the steps to test and calibrate the battery.

Windows 7

Windows Vista

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended
Thank you, a picture is worth a thousand words 🙂
HP Recommended
Thank you MisterAx,
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.