Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

n what it(internal battery) will cost?

HP Recommended

I followed these instructions but now my computer turns off immediately when I unplug it. Please tell me how to reinstall the battery driver!!

HP Recommended
Hi there, sorry if you have already answered this question with somebody else on here...

Basically every now and then if I have too many programmes running, or as soon as I go on the internet; my laptop screen will go black and freeze. I then have to hold the power button to get it back on and once it does come back on I am given the error message saying;

"The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery to be low...

Primary (Internal) Battery (601)"

I have a Pavilion dv6 Notebook

Product Number: XB522EA#ABU
Processor Type: AMD Turion (tm) II N530 Dual-Core Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
3072MB RAM

I am not very computer literate and so an idiots guide as to how to sort this out would be much appreciated! Is it a matter of buying a replacement clip in MU06 Notebook battery or is it something internal that means I would need to take it to a shop to be fixed?

Oh, I have had my laptop for about 3 years now if that helps!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Hamish.
HP Recommended

That was precisely what I thought. googling did not produce this result. It always referred to what you stated to be the secondary battery which I ordered a couple of days back. This is something I can get from wallgreens also.

Thanks

HP Recommended

For all currently reading this thread. The following HP document provides information on the Primary (internal) battery 601 and 602 errors.

This should clear up any confusion as to what the errors mean and to which battery  it applies to.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443470

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

WHERE IS THE PRIMARY INTERNAL BATTERY 601 INSTALLED ? IS IT THE LONG BATTERY PACK AT THE BASE OF THE COMPUTER WITH THE SLIDE CLIP TO REMOVE ?..... OLEBOY 

HP Recommended

WHERE IS THE PRIMARY INTERNAL BATTERY 601 INSTALLED ? IS IT THE LONG BATTERY PACK AT THE BASE OF THE COMPUTER WITH THE SLIDE CLIP TO REMOVE ?..... OLEBOY

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE ERROR ? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME DETAIL OF THE ERROR . OLEBOY 

HP Recommended

You should have read the document that I provided a link to in my last post.

It clearly states that the main battery is  what the 601 error refers to. 

So yes, it is the removeable battery, not the RTC)BIOS battery.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.