Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
F3U77AV ProDesk 600 G1 DM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Unfortunly have problem with M.2 slot on board.

Dont recognized M.2 SSD. I have latest BIOS version on board and dosen't work.

I have Silicon Power M10

SP120GBSS3M10M28

It's Very strange situation if HP also have some of original parts SSD to this computer.

Please give fast infomration what to do.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please explain how you are connecting the m.2 SSD to a motherboard that doesn't have a m.2 slot?  The below image is the motherboard for the HP Prodesk 600 G1.

Excalibur motherboard.jpg

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Przechwytywanie.JPG

Hello,

this is my Motherboard DM 600 G1.

Also You can see it on Manual.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The motherboard that you posted is not the motherboard that HP has documented for your particular product number based on the information that HP has on one of its support servers. I suppose that happens.

G1 equals generation one so I suspect that the m.2 SSD is SATA supported.   I wouldn't be surprised if HP has disabled the port in the BIOS.  You might find a BIOS parameter that allows you to chose between the m.2 port and perhaps a PCIe slot. There might be some bandwidth sharing to contend with when using the m.2 slot.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

I know I'm a little late to the party but....

Solution: Get yourself an M.2 SSD that is 128GB or less.  Once you install it, BIOS will detect it, but if you are doing a fresh install, there is a good chance you might need to preload the storage driver for it.

HP Recommended

@ Big_Dave: The mainboard photo you posted is 600 SFF, the one he posted is 600 Desktop Mini, they are different, Desktop Mini form factor do have M.2 interface on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.